I made sure to stay out of the camera shot as I didn't want to be seen doing this to him. "We had a good time, she had a good time."

"The truth, Chuck!" Betty shouted at him. "Or so help me, I will boil you alive." Betty threatened.

"What?" Chuck asked sounding confused. "We made out?"

"And then?" Betty asked.

"And then I took her home, and I gave her a sticky maple." He confessed.

"That is all you had to say, you ass." Veronica scolded, tapping away at her phone. "Now everyone will know."

Betty placed her high heeled foot onto Chucks head and pushed down, I stood up quickly, shocked at her actions.

"Woah, hey." Chuck panicked.

"You like dehumanizing them? Prissy prude by day, freak in the sheets by night?" Betty taunted, pushing him further into the water.

"No!" Chuck exclaimed, trying to keep his head out of the water.

"Apologies!" Betty demanded, pushing him down more.

"Betty! Stop it!" I rushed over, grabbing onto her arm, she pushed me away, a little to hard as I fell into the scolding hot water, gasping as it started to burn my skin.

"Hey, Get this-" Chuck shouted, Before i fell.

"Calm down, Betty!" Veronica yelled Juliet!" She panicked, reaching over, helping me out of the water.

"Say you're sorry!" Betty shouted, ignoring that she had pushed me, keeping all her focus on Chuck.

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry!" Chuck shouted. "I'm sorry for all of it!"

"Good job. Pig." Betty sneered before grabbing a bottle of syrup and opened it. "Now time for your reward, a sticky maple of your own." She smirked.

"Wait what?" Chuck asked, Veronica wrapped her arms around me, my skin was red and still aching. "Apologies for ruining Polly!" She demanded letting the syrup pour over his head.

"What the hell? Oh my god!" Chuck cringed slight.

"Do it for Jason! Say you're sorry for destroying me, apologize for what you did to me!" Betty shouted, why was she talking like she was Polly? This wasn't part of the plan.

"Look! I'm not Jason!....I'm not Jason!" Chuck shouted, panicking once again.

"Enough, stop! We did it!" Veronica shouted, telling Betty to stop.

"Fucking hell! Stop it!" I shouted. "You did it!"

"You are crazy," Chuck spoke. "Oh my god, you're crazy as hell." He shouted, towards, Betty.

"Betty!" Veronica shouted.

"I'm fine." She replied, but something was telling me she wasn't. "We're done here."

She looked at me, finally realizing what she did. "Are you okay?" She asked, in a dark manner.

"I'll live."
.
.
.
Betty placed down the new printed out papers of the blue and gold, she smiled at me as I straightened them out. "Quite the expose." Veronica said, walking over to us. "Whenever did you both find the time to write it?"

"We stayed up all night." I replied. "We couldn't sleep..after"

"Me neither." Veronica said, she turned to Betty and started to speak. "Betty. You came through for me, in no way that know one ever has before, but..can we talk about what happened?"

I could tell by Veronica's face, she wanted to speak to Betty on her own. "I'll see you guys later." I spoke, smiling as I walked away from the two girls.
.
.
.
.
I stood next to Betty, she threw the playbook into the trash can while I  placed some flammable oil into it before Cheryl walked over to us, I lit the match and bit my lip, chucking it in watching as the bin set on fire.

Watching as my name disappeared from the book as many more did, Cheryl took my hand. "Whoever killed Jason, hurt him, maybe Jason hurt people too, if he hurt Polly, I'm sorry."

Betty and I didn't say anything as we continued to watch the fire, I reached onto my pocket and pulled out a old photo of Chuck and I together, throwing it into the fire, watching as it went up in flames.
.
.
.
Betty, Jughead and I were sat in the Blue and Gold paper room, Dilton Doiley was sat facing us. "If you publish a story saying I fired that gun, my life will be ruined, I'll be banished from the Adventure Scouts and charged with a misdemeanor, so what if I have a better story?"

Jughead moves his arm so it was around my waist, making me move closer to him as he sat on the desk while I was standing up. he looked over towards Betty who moved from behind her desk.

"If I tell you what I know. Promise me the gunshot stays between us?" Dilton asked.

"Um. Sure, you have our word." I nodded as Betty leaned up against the desk next to me. "As journalists." Betty said.

Jughead placed his book behind me and looked back towards the boy. " I saw something at Sweetwater River. Something nobody else saw, Ms Grundys car, By the rivers edge, she was there." I bit my lip, knowing why Ms Grundy was there, I need to protect Archie...by the look on Jughead's face....he was thinking the same.

Authors Note,

How was this chapter?

~Robyn