The Boy Next Door-Chapter 11

Chapter 11- Hailey 

Colby looked his dad straight in the eye, then tipped his hat and walked right past, looking back at me with sad eyes. 

"Well, I tried." His dad said in a cocky voice, then turned and walked to a beat up pick-up truck.  

"Ugh, his dad is SUCH a douche bag. He doesn't care enough, he does this every time. Colby stopped giving him chances." A girl who had been talking to Wilson said as she sat next to me. 

"Really?" I asked, turning to her. 

"Yeah, I'm Jazmyn, by the way." 

"Oh, Wilson's girlfriend?" I asked, remembering Colby had told me about them when we went to the Country Club. 

"Yeah! So how do you know Colby?" 

"I just moved here from New Jersey, we moved in the house next to his."  

"Oh! He's such a cool guy! Are you going to Westbrook?" 

"Yeah, I am." 

"So, Wilson tells me Colby won't shut up about you." 

"Really?" 

"Yeah, I bet he likes you." 

I smiled and looked over to him. I needed some girl friends, I liked being with Colby and everything but a girl needs some gal pals in her life. 

"Hey Hailey, Hey Jazmyn." A voice said from behind me. 

I turned to see Colby's friend Carter and a girl next to him.  

"Hey!" I smiled, making room for them to sit between me and Jazmyn. 

They sat down and the girl looked at me and smiled. 

"I'm Rachelle." She smiled.  

"I'm Hailey." I smiled back. 

"Carter told me you are a gymnast." 

"I was back in New Jersey but I haven't started up again since I moved." 

"I'm a gymnast too, you should come with me to practice one day. I'm sure my coach would love to give you a try-out and then you could be on the competitive team with me!"  

"Are you serious?" I asked, freaking out a little.  

"Yeah, she's really nice and I'm sure she will give you a chance." 

"When is your next practice?"  

"Tomorrow, do you have a leotard and everything." 

"Yeah, I have everything from my old team back in New Jersey." 

After the baseball game I decided to text my mom and see if all my new friends could come over for a pool party and a little celebration for Colby's team winning their game. She said that it was fine. After I asked all of them if they could we skated to my house. When we got home Rachelle and Jazmyn came over to borrow a bathing suit while the guys went to Colby's to do the same. Good thing we were the same size. I put on my pink and white polka dot bikini and gave Rachelle my green and blue striped bikini. I gave Jazmyn a black one with yellow and pink zebra stripes all over it. Once we were done getting ready we all headed downstairs and into the laundry room to get some towels. When we got outside the guys were all laying on their backs and talking. 

I threw my towel to the side and ran to the edge of the pool, where I jumped in. I was followed by everyone else, except Jazmyn who was laying on her towel, tanning.  

I looked up to the back door to see Tyler and Rebecca watching us. I half swam/half ran to the steps and ran over to them. I was about to hug Becky, then realized I was soaking. She laughed and pulled me close to her anyways. She smelled like home, back in Jersey.