Chapter Five-The third floor Corridor on the right hand side

Start from the beginning

"Because you need me."

"I don't need you!"

"Prove it Granger."

"How am I supposed to?..." She stopped talking as he suddenly climbed over the railing of the bridge, standing on the otherside. "Tom!....what are you doing?"

He grabbed the railing with his two hands, and removed his feet, so he was hanging from the side of the bridge.  Hermione leaned over the side, concerned, as if he fell he would hit the stones below.  "I'm going to hang here, until you say you need me!"  he called up to her.

"That doesn't prove anything!....The only thing it proves is your mental!"  She couldn't believe what was happening.  What was with teenage boys and doing stupid stunts.

He removed one hand purposefully grinning at Hermiones panicked expression. "Ooops.....it looks like I slipped."

"Tom stop it! This isn't funny. What if you really fall!?"

"Say you need me"

Hermione looked down at him meeting his eyes. He wasn't you to fall he was trying to scare her. She could just walk away and hope he had enough brains to pull himself back onto the bridge.

"No Riddle.....I don't need you." She lifted herself upright again, and bagan to walk back towards the entrance of the bridge. He would come. He would think she left and give up.

There was a thud, and Hermione halted. She turned back towards the center of the bridge. "Riddle?!" She called no response.

She quickly made her way back to the side of the bridge. "Riddle stop playing games with me!"

She leaned over the edge, but he wasn't there. She allowed her eyes to continue downwards and landed on a dark mass. She had feared this the instant she heard the thud. "Riddle!" She yelled her voice laced with fear. A breeze blew through her hair as she leaned over, staring into the darkness below. He didn't fall! He didn't!

But her stomach said else-wise, as it held the piercing pain whenever someone seemed wrong. Her hands were shaking at the thought he was laying dead on the earth floor.

She had only seen two dead bodies before, Cedric and Sirius in which she could barely stand. Ironically both were at the hand of Voldemort's followers. She couldn't say anything, she could barely think.

That's when she felt a cold hand on her arm, and she screamed from the shock. 

He pulled her to face toward him, a smirk resting on his face, as he studied her red eyes, wet with tears.  "You actually thought I died Granger".  He was a bit unsettled as anger replaced the worry in her eyes.  He expected her to yell, punch him, or take out her anger in one way or another on him. 

But she didn't.  She didn't say a word.  She looked away from him, and began to walk down the wooden bridge.

"Granger wait!"

She kept walking. He rolled his eyes. Why did she always have to be difficult? He flew through the air, despite how it weakened him and landed in front of her, blocking her path. "Look.....I'll make it up to you, how about I give you a tour of the castle."

"No!....I've been here a month....don't you think it's overdue! And besides, I'm going to bed. But the truth is I don't wish to be around you more than I must Riddle." She tried to walk past him, but he caught her arm.

"I was thinking a special tour.....there are parts of this castle which people have never found, and I doubt you have."

She pondered this, confused as wondering if he meant the chamber. He wouldn't reveal that secret, at least not until he killed her, if he wished to. "Fine Riddle......lead the way." She responded knowing the curiosity would kill her itself if she didn't.