F O R T Y - F I V E

The additional weight on his back causes him to be more cautious for each step he takes up the stairs.

Jangmi is feather compared to his hyungs, as if she's barely there. So he tightens his hold on her slight thighs.

In fear she'll disappear the moment he lets go of her.

His body twitches at the sudden ray of light wandering the darkness on the upper floor, and footsteps that aren't his. He forgets to breathe.

There's a guard ahead.

Jangmi, who is silent the whole time they have sneaked out, giggles.

"This is fun..." she mutters at the back of his neck.

Jungkook shushes her, sweat and woe rolling down his forehead. She's doing it on purpose.

The guard passes by without sparing a look by the stairs they're on, and the sound of his footsteps soon fades.

Sighing in relief, Jungkook continues exploring on sleepy hallways till he finds and pushes the door to the rooftop.

An icy white world under the moonlight greets them, freezing his cheeks and his will for this risky idea.

Fifteen minutes and I'll bring her back... That should be enough.

He brushes off some snow on a nearby bench and seats Jangmi there, and capes her with his jacket as she puffs out clouds of her own.

He holds her gaze all to himself and brings the edge of his phone close to his lips as if it's a mic.

"This is my first solo concert," he starts. She brightens immediately, clapping and whistling at him. "Have fun tonight."

"I will," she says, putting her hands on her lap.

Jungkook steps forward, entering a fictional stage with the moon as his spotlight.

Closing his eyes, he breathes in. Then he opens them slowly and brings a hand to his chest, a song rises from his throat.

"Take a look,
Right inside my heart

Stop the winter,
Make the cold depart..."

Gentle melodies of his voice surrounds her, to give warmth.

All the while, his audience is in awe in her seat, swaying her head slightly side to side.

As his songs arrive to the last note and seeing the happiness sparkle in her eyes, he wishes for the moment to never end.

"Thank you... That was beautiful."