"I'm the cookie monster...Daddy"

I woke up to the sound of my phone's ringtone blaring out

I woke up to the sound of my phone's ringtone blaring out. Deafening me. I should never have bought such a loud ringtone, but it cost me 4 bucks and I'm not letting that go to waste. Plus it expires in a week so i can't really complain, although right now it is annoying and giving me a huge headache.

I moved my hands to my side to feel for my girl so i can pull her close and drown out the blinking noise but i frowned when all i felt was emptiness, not even a fluffy, stuffed animal. I quickly rose up, my body exposed to the October morning cold; the bed sheets that once covered and enveloped me in their warmth now sunk to the floor with the gravity surrounding them.

"E-Emma? Baby girl where are you?" I called out of the bedroom in hopes that she would answer, but no avail as all i got was silence. My heart beat faster. I thought it would jump out of my chest and fall on the floor from how fast it was beating. I called out to her again but still no luck. I picked up my phone sliding left to tranquillise the unbearable noise, ignoring Melissa's call. I looked at the many, many notifications from Jason, Melissa, other office workers, and my grandma, Diane.

*

Jason

Meet you at the airport at 6!

Arabella is so stoked, she really can't wait, anyway gotta go shopping

Donuts!!

Pizza!!!

*

Melissa

When are you coming back to the office? It's falling apart without you, sir

*

Grammy Diane 💕

Your Gramps caught the biggest fish yesterday and he froze it hoping to cook it when you come over for christmas or thanksgiving..son we miss you! Come home soon xx

*

I ignored all the notifications clicking on the clear button to erase them all, i didn't need the distraction, right now i needed to find my baby girl. All that kept replaying in my head was the horrendous messages that those motherfuckers where sending me. Jason and his team has managed to block them but the thought of someone having laid a hand on my girl while I was asleep hurt and shook me to the core. I need to do more to protect my little angel. I made sure to make a mental note first thing to do this morning is to buy a top of the range security system and install it before we go to NYC.