FORTY

"i can't believe we've made it these past two years, woah."

harry and milana had just sat down at the table at which they'd shared their first ever date, a celebratory anniversary dinner setting into motion.

"you can't? i'm not even in slight disbelief. i knew we would, i knew we'd end up here. and i'm bloody glad you're still mine, princess." harry intertwined their hands over the table as a waiter placed down their usual bottle of wine and two accompanying glasses.

milana grinned, cheeks tinting with a rosy blush. it amazed her that, this far down the line, harry was still able to cause her face to turn crimson and to fill her stomach with butterflies. her skin still erupted with goosebumps at his every touch and her eyes still lit up at the sound of his voice.

she loved him. she truly did.

a smile adorned harry's face as it always did when he was around milana. she was honestly, really the woman of his dreams and he couldn't have been happier.

he removed his fingers from where they were laced with milana's and fumbled with the bottle of wine, opening it and pouring it generously into their glasses.

milana took a sip, her small left hand curled around the base of the glass, and harry found his eyes focused on that hand. on her ring finger. he hesitated a moment, sighing as he willed to wait for later in the evening to ask the question he'd been dying to ask.

milana carefully placed down her wine glass and bit her lip, staring into harry's eyes for a brief moment with just a broad smile on her face.

"fuck it," he mumbled under his breath and before milana could question what he was doing he began to speak again, his large hand clasping hers once more and pulling it up to press a kiss to the back of it chastely.

"i love you, milana. i think you know that well enough but in case you needed a reminder i well and truly, wholeheartedly, fucking love you. you mean the world to me — the world and more in fact — and i've thought about doing this for the longest time. in fact, i'd have done it as soon as we got back together if it wasn't too soon. but i'm ready now, and i hope you are too," he paused and drew in a hefty breath.

"i want to spend my life with you, babygirl. i want to wake up beside you, remind you i love you on a daily basis and spend every waking moment knowing i'm yours and you're mine. i want to go through all the ups and downs of life with you and come out stronger — because you are my strength. i know this is all ridiculous and cringeworthy but it's true and i mean it more than any words i've ever said. i adore you. i love you. i'm head over heels in love with you. will you, milana raine, do me the absolute fucking honour of marrying me?"

harry was everything to her — and not a day went by where this wasn't the case. she loved him with every inch of her body and knew that to spend her whole life with him would be a dream come true.

that's why, without hesitation, and before he'd even opened the box containing the engagement ring, she cried out a quick, "yes of course!".

he grinned, slipping the beautiful ring onto her dainty fingers and pulling her hand up to kiss where the ring now was. "i love you."

milana beamed, "i love you too, harry. and i can't wait to spend the rest of my life by your side."

———
love that mega cringe fest x
the fic is basically over :(((( the epilogue will be a bit messy this is the real end to it omg
i'll write an authors note after the epilogue but thank u angels for reading this i love u all
(check out my new simon minter fic also i'm EXCITED) x