#51 | Request

PLEASE READ A/N

***************************************************************************************

I sighed as I walked into the large hall, fairy lights strung up on the walls. Soft music played in the background as I walked towards a table. 

I had been asked to attend the homecoming with my crush, Jesse, but he hadn't arrived yet. I sat alone watching people dance, my mind replaying the events of the day.

"Brissa!" A voice spoke from behind me. I spun on my heel, my hair spinning around with me. His soft eyes met mine as butterflies erupted in my stomach.

"Hi, Jesse." I smiled, nervousness in my blood. I shared a couple classes with him. He sat either next to me or behind me. I had noticed him, our eyes meeting before we both blushed and looked away. I guess the feelings towards each other were subtle but noticeable.

"Are you going to the Homecoming dance tonight?" His voice quivered, obviously nervous. I smiled, a crimson colour covering both our cheeks.

"Yeah, are you?" I asked, my fingers playing with the fabric of the bottom of my shirt. His smile matched mine.

"Yeah. Uh- are you...going with anyone?" Jesse stuttered, his eyes suddenly darting around the room.

"I haven't been asked." I simply spoke, the butterflies becoming more aggressive as the conversation continued. His eyes lit up, a spark of happiness emitted into them.

"Okay, so you wouldn't mind coming with me?" He asked, a fearful look on his face.

I smiled at him before nodding my head, "Sure, I would love going with you." 

"Okay, I'll meet you there." 

I smiled, my cheeks bright red, before turning on my heels and walking towards my locker.

I smiled to myself, before looking around for Jesse.

A grin broke out on my lips when I noticed his e/c eyes. I stood up, my feet moving towards the young man.

"I was worried that you were going to ditch me." I laughed, my arms wrapping around Jesse's neck as he held my waist, hugging him.

"I would never, to a girl like you." He smiled, his hand reaching out towards me when he let me go, "May I have this dance?"

"Of course." I blushed, butterflies erupting in my stomach like before.

It wasn't long before we had moved to the dark dance floor. 

My wrists sat comfortably on Jesse's shoulders, his hands on my waist.

Neither of us had the best coordination, so there were plenty of times that I, or Jesse, had stood on each other's feet.

it wasn't long before we both danced in sync, our eye's now connected.

That didn't last long. Another couple had bumped us, forcefully enough to end our rhythm. Jesse's feet lost balance before he stumbled forward, his lips every so carefully touching mine.

My breath hitched as instinctively I helped stabilize Jesse from his fall. 

"You okay?" I asked, my lips every so slightly tingling.

"Yeah. I think so." He answered his cheeks tinted pink.

"I'm so sorry." I blurted after a couple seconds of silence.

"No, don't be. I should be sorry." He mumbled, disappointment evident on his face, "I mean, I've been meaning to do that." 

My eyes widened at the words.