Chapter III- Dancing Tress

Magsimula sa umpisa

Trading is good. But how could she help me if she can’t even find her way back? We make a pinky swear. I knelt down, and reached for her finger. Her nails were dots! 

She climbed at me and sat in my shoulder. It’s nothing. Her weight is lesser than the weight of the air. I can’t even feel her, except when she touched me.

We were walking straight forward between the trees when I heard some bells. I looked around and saw nothing.

“What is it?” the sound runs through my ear drums and the vibration get me some chills. Somehow it tickles inside.

“The sound, I mean the bells. Do you have bells on your house? If you have, we may be close.”

“Bells? Na ah. doesn’t have those.”

We kept moving, and I start feeling craggy and uncomfortable. The bells are still there. I concentrate on thing that I love.

“Chocolate bar, mom, John, and soccer.” I keep repeating these words, and trying to relax myself.  

But the bell ring became louder. It’s so irritating! Soccer, soccer, soccer! I keep thinking of the wins, all about soccer. I even close my eyes and stop walking. I stop thinking about the world around me. Not even the thing that is now in my shoulders.

All I want to do is to get rid of that bragging sound right now. I think harder, repeating words in my mind but the sound gets louder too. As if it wants to compete with me and wants to annoy me. It gets louder if I think harder!

This is it! It’s got to be over. It’s piercing my ears!

I open my eyes, widely. Liana was confused. Suddenly, a broken car stops in front of us. It’s the old car, like those in the movies with lovers on it who is gazing in the dark sky full of stars. But this time, the car was broken. Webs’ hanging on the windows, and the broken mirror, the brownish color of the car makes it older.

Smoke is coming out of the engine and its turbo in the back.

“It’s ugly”

I looked at her “What? It’s true.”

The car smokes more than before and it looks like it is angry. What now, an angry car from nowhere? Crazy things!

I step backward slowly to run! The car is chasing us. I run at my full speed, Liana was flying ahead of me.

Then I heard the bell ring again.

“No, not this time.” I act like I don’t hear the sound. I continuously run behind Liana.  I’ am barely catching my breath. I stop and look around. The car is not there anymore. Trees. Tall and pointy trees soaring hundreds of meters above; there tip were infinite.

I remember my companion, Liana. Where is she anyway? I looked around to see if she was resting nearby in the roots or in a leaf. But, I didn’t find her.

I looked up, the sky was clear. I can see the sky clearly. It was my chance to go and escape out of her sight? But at least I have conscious. I don’t want to break a promise.

I looked again in the clear sky if she was there flying. I notice something weird up there. I looked again to be sure. It looked like the trees have bent. They were just so straight before that I can’t even see their tip ends but now I see them clearly.

The trees were like inverted L. It’s really weird, there leaves even touches the ground. It’s weird isn’t it? I thought it was just my tiredness, that I was just imagining things.

The trees, they were now very close to the ground. Their branches touching the ground and the leaves are laying low. The tree was surrounding me. The trees bending near me! I carefully studied the details for a while and ended up with a conclusion. These trees were moving! Run!