(1)

Collin ~ Shilo

Shilo plugged in her headphones to block out the sound of the noisy subway station

Shilo plugged in her headphones to block out the sound of the noisy subway station. It was October in New York city. She was questioning why it was still 80°. Shilo almost wanted to rip off her hoodie covering her white shirt.

Shilo was going to work today. She didn't want to but she has to pay rent some how. She was attending Brown University for a drama degree. Her student loans where out of roof. That place is extremely expensive but she wants to go so she could make a career after she graduates.

Her parents didnt support her decision on moving to New York and going to an expensive university.

But it was her dream. But there she hated that in order to be socially acceptable you had to do things a certain way or dress a certain.

She gave into it. But I doesn't mean she's happy.

Shilo boarded the train and thankfully got a seat. " Geez." She sighs as a lady pushed her into the seat so she could get the one next to her. Not bothering to say anything she leant her head on the window.

Something caught her eyes. 917- *** - ****. " Call if your real." Curiosity over took her and she typed the number in her phone.

" Hey I'm real."

Moments later she gets a responding text.

"Hey Real I'm Collin."

"Hi Collin. Why did you
write your number on
A subway wall."

"Vandalism."

"Aren't you glad?"

"That I'm talking to
a stranger? Sure"

"You know my name. So how about I find out yours?"

"Smooth Collin. Anymore
pickup lines you'd
like to use?"

"Maybe just one more."

"Let it out on me."
" Wait that sounded wrong"

"Yes it did mysterious girl."

"Did you just assume
my gender. 2017 is coming
for you."

"I'm quaking in my boots."

"Don't ever day that again!"

"Why? Aren't I hip?"

"No you sound like 45 year
old dad looking
through his daughters
phone."

"I'm nowhere near 45. I'm actually 44."

"Ew."

"Kidding. I'm 23"

"Really? I'm 20."

"Guy?"

"There you go assuming
people's genders again."

"So your a girl."

"Jesus christ I'm a girl. I'm a 20 year old girl."

Shilo looks up almost forgetting where she was. It was her stop and quickly got up before the doors closed. She shoved her phone in her pocket before heading to work.

Collin huh?