Unspoken Mistakes...Chapter Seventeen (FINAL CHAPTER)

:Reminder:

“Yes. I will go call them now. I’ll be back soon.” Jenna smiled at him and I put my head in the crook of her neck. She held onto me as if she believed I could save her from fate. I started to cry again and then I held onto her tighter. I couldn’t let her go. I didn’t want her to leave me. But I guess it’s payback for all the times I’ve left her. I cursed myself. How could I be so selfish? She has just had the biggest shock in her life and I’m thinking that I didn’t want her to leave. She found out that she had cancer and then she found out that she couldn’t have kids. This must suck for her. But I guess there is one good thing that came out of this. She said yes to me and we will be getting married no matter what people said. I will have her as my wife before I won’t have her at all.

Blake’s POV:

I held her closer to me and let her cry. The doctor came back in a few minutes after he left with a cup.

“Mrs. Truman, I called your adoptive mother and she said that she will be here in a little bit. And Mr. Truman, I need your parent’s phone numbers so that I can call them.” Jenna looked up over my shoulder and stared at the kind doctor.

“Dr. Norton, my name is not Jenna Truman. He is not my husband. I am Jenna Donovan.” I looked at her. I thought to my self that the doctor standing in front of us was going to call the police on me and have me arrested for providing false information. What he said next surprised us both.

“I know. I found that out when I looked over the information papers that Blake filled out. And I also figured it out when he proposed to you that he was defiantly not your husband.” He smiled sympathetically.

“Are you going to have me arrested?”

“No.”

“What?”

“No. I know that you said that because you love her and wanted to be with her in her time of need. Now, I would like to call your parents, Blake.” I stared at the compassionate doctor in the eye.

“Thank you, Dr. Norton. I’ll write my number down. Do you have a piece of paper and a pen?” He pulled a pen from his front pocket from his white coat and grabbed a foam cup from the cabinet across the room. I chuckled when Jenna laughed. I glanced over at her and smiled. Her green eyes sparkled with unshed tears. I gave the cup and pen back to Dr. Norton.

“I will have them called and tell them the situation. Is that alright?” I nodded. I was going to have Jenna as my wife tonight. Or in the next week when she is feeling better. I smiled at Jenna. She smiled back and took my hand in hers. Just then a nurse came in and whispered something to him. His eyes widened.

Then a smile broke out upon his face. I looked the doctor over with awareness. He turned to us and the nurse just stood back smiling.

“Jenna, I have some great news.” He spoke only to Jenna. As if I wasn’t there. But I was happy that she was smiling. The weight on her shoulders was lifted. She could breathe without doubt that her life could continue naturally. She fell back on the pillow and started to cry. I patted her good leg and sighed.

Jenna’s POV:

As I sat in the wheelchair provided with my mother by my side, I was totally happy. I was going to marry Blake tonight and I was going to be no longer Jenna Michelle Donovan. I will be Jenna Truman. I smiled up at my mother. She went and bought a tea length white dress from David’s Bridal. I told her that I didn’t want anything that would get caught in the wheels. I am wearing only one white flat and Dr. Norton changed my bandages to clean white gauze. But the dress covered half of the bandage. Mrs. Briggs curled my hair and pinned it up in a loose bun. Trisha did my make up and she is my maid of honor. The hospital’s chapel was decorated earlier for the ceremony. They even let me borrow a bouquet of flowers. When it was time the nurses helped me into the chair and wheeled me to the elevator. I sat quietly with a smile on my face. Mrs. Briggs joked around saying that she wasn’t ready for grandchildren yet. I smiled at her and told her that she mustn’t worry. That I’m a good child and she just laughed at that. She knows that I was a hell child. I gave her every right to worry when I was living with her. But tomorrow I will be moved into Blake’s house. Sleep in his bed and wake up with him beside me. I smiled.

“Mom, I love you.” I looked up at her with tears in my eyes. She glanced down at me.

“Oh, don’t start crying. You’ll get me going. I love you too.” Trisha jumped in the conversation.

“I can’t believe that you’re getting married!” The elevator doors opened and the nurse started wheeling me out into the hall.

“Yeah. I can’t either. It seems like it’s happening so fast. But I know that I’m doing the right thing. I love him and he loves me.” I stared down at the ring he gave me. It was his great-grandmother’s ring. She left it to him when he was eleven and gave his brother her husband’s pocket knife. That’s what he told me.

“Well, dear, if you are sure then we will go on with this.”

“I am sure. I promise. Thank you for being here with me.” Mrs. Briggs smiled down at me.

“Anything for my two girls.” She bent down and pulled me into a hug. Trisha let out a sob.

“Why are you crying?”

“Because you’re finally happy.” I kept a smile on for her. We rounded a corner and there in front of me was the chapel. Blake was on the other side. He is waiting for me. I sighed trying to gather myself. I smiled up at my mom  and then up at Trisha. The nurse squeezed my shoulder and we walked through the doors. Everyone stood when we entered. They were looking at me but I was looking at Blake. He was the only thing on my mind. The nurse wheeled me beside Blake. The minister spoke up.

“Take your seats.” As if every one was choreographed, they sat down as one. There was only Blake’s mom who was crying, Ashe who looked angry, Kelly was sitting beside him holding his hand, and Cassidy sitting next to her. She didn’t look like she was happy to be here. But oh well. She didn’t have to come. On my side, there was Dr. Norton, my biological mother, my adoptive mother, Trisha with my flowers and some nurses that I met yesterday. I had to wait a whole day for everything to be made up and all. But I didn’t mind. I smiled up at Blake as he reached for my hand. He grinned back down at me. He had black slacks on and a black and white plaid shirt with a red tie. He looked so handsome standing there with a smile. We looked at the minister in front of us at the same time. He squeezed my hand as the man spoke.

“Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today to witness the marriage of Jenna Donovan and Blake Truman in front of God…” My mind went blank. I repeated what I was supposed to say. Blake did the same.

“By the power vested in me I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride.” Blake pulled me into a hard kiss and I heard everyone clap and then I heard someone whistle. I rested my forehead against his and smiled while looking into Blake’s eyes. He wheeled me into the hospital’s cafeteria where there was a cake and some ice cream. Someone found a radio and played a slow song. Blake pulled me up from the wheelchair and held me tight against him as he spun us around in a slow circle. I rested my head in the crook of his neck. My hand in his and the other on his shoulder. I grinned blissfully.

My life was now complete.