0017 - The Hard Way (Part 1)

PCY outfit

PCY outfit

BBH outfit

BBH outfit

"It was so nice to have you two stay over! I missed you, Chanyeol!" Mrs. Park grabs her son and pulls him into a tight, bone-crushing hug.
Her hands grip onto his T-shirt tightly and I can see the love displayed on her face and her actions.
I tightly grab the straps of my backpack in my hands as I awkwardly watch this happen.
It makes me think of my mother who I now barely see because I spend most of my time at Chanyeol's house or at school.
"And you too, Baekhyun! You're such a delightful young man!"
I too, get a bone-crushing hug, causing me to groan.
My body still feels sore from the night before and this woman isn't making it feel any better.
"I'll see you soon, dad..." Chanyeol visibly hesitates, before hugging his father briefly and glancing at me.
"Goodbye, Mr. Park." His father's eyes land on me, but it's almost like he's looking straight through me.
"Mhm. Baekhyun, wasn't it?"
I nod my head as I watch the man curiously.
Last night we got along just fine? Why am I getting this weird vibe from him?
"Yea. So let's go now, Baekkie." Chanyeol grabs my hand, then pulls me out of his parents' house and to his car parked in front of it.
"I'm dropping you off at home." He starts as soon as we're inside the cold vehicle.
"Hm? Your home? Or my home?"
"Your home. Not your home as in my home but your home." Chanyeol grins wryly, then proceeds to buckle my seat belt.
"Ahh, why?"
"Because you need to see your mother, you sill officially live with here you know? I can't even believe she lets you stay away from home this often."
My hands grip my thighs, as I glance out the window and shrug.
"Her motto is yolo."
Chanyeol laughs in response and several seconds after that the car starts.
He speeds down the road and I'm pretty sure he's far over the speed limit. I close my eyes and lean my head against the window.
"Channie..."
"Yes, Baekhyun."
"I miss you." Chanyeol chuckles, then lies his hand on my thigh, "I'm not going anywhere, Baekhyun. Are you tired? Go to sleep."
I lie my hand on top of his, and rake my nails along his long fingers.
"I love you."
Chanyeol glances at me with a smile on his face, then proceeds to squeeze my thigh and look back at the road.