•Chapter 31: Triple K Day

Mariah walked back and forth as Qasim prepared the birthing pool. Her temperature was exactly 98, and the water was at an even 102. Mariah started contractions the day before, but no dilations occurred. The nurse and her mid-wife instructed her to walk, and do things to push the babies down. She was at 4 centimeters, so they suggested more walking around for an hour until she was close to 7 centimeters dilated. She'd shared her life thus far with her YouTube family- so she thought sharing her birth with them would be something special. As a contraction hit, she grabbed her stomach and squatted.

Nurse Beth and the mid wife Emilie looked over at her. They figured it was only a contraction and nothing to spring into action for. Liese walked over with the camera, and filmed at an angle. The intimacy of her best friend's birth had her wishing she'd tried a water birth.

"It's Triple K Day, and the time is approximately 2:30 in the morning. Auntie can't wait to meet the gang" she squealed.

They'd made a birthing playlist for Mariah to soothe her nerves. Emilie and Beth continued to situate things. Once everything was to their liking, Qasim helped Mariah into the pool. He walked away for a moment and she shook her head

"Stay Qasim" she moaned, as her face contorted.

This wasn't new to him. He'd saw Trinity's birth, but it seemed less intense than the moment he was having right now. Grabbing her hand, he squeezed it- then kissed her knuckles.

"Daddy, it's okay to sit inside with her"

Qasim stripped down to his trunks, as Emilie and Beth helped to maneuver Mariah a little. Sitting down behind her, Qasim felt her body relax immediately.

"Baby, this hurts so damn bad" she cried, as he tried to soothe her pain as best as he knew how.

As a contraction hit, Mariah let out a groan. Emilie placed her hand in the water wearing a wide smile.

"Mariah's 10 centimeters" she yelled, and the family erupted into cheers.

Liese sat the camera on the tripod, and made her way to the second camera. She decided at the last minute to record a double shot- so there'd be a couple angles of the babies coming out. After ensuring the camera was running, she made her way to the side of the birthing pool. She grabbed Mariah's hand and squeezed it.

"Take deep breaths, but space them sweetie"

Mariah groaned, as sweat formed on her forehead. All she wanted was for these babies to be out of her. This was the longest time of her life, yet the most exciting. Checking the wall clock it was going on 3:00 am. Qasim whispered in her ear about how proud he was, and how good she was doing. Emilie used the ultra sound to check the babies' position. From the look of things, Kaylin would be born first, then Kaleb, and Keelan last.

"Push and breath Mariah, Push and breath"

Mariah took deep breaths and pushed as she was instructed. Qasim continued to rub her shoulders, and kiss her neck.

"Push Mariah, push, push, push down"

"Is it supposed to burn?" Mariah questioned, letting out a groan. Her lower half was burning and stinging.

"She's crowning, just push and breath"

Mariah took a breath and pushed one more time. Emilie pulled the baby out and she wailed loudly.

"She gone be your cry baby" O's mother joked.

Passing the umbilical scissors to Qasim, he cut the cord. Mariah wanted her best friend and her future husband to each cut a cord. She'd cut the third one.

The time was 3:45 a.m. Kaylin weighed in at 8lbs 13oz.

"Kaylin looks exactly like Honey" Liese gushed, holding her God daughter close.

"Mommy, let's get these other two out here"

Mariah grunted as another contraction hit.

"Use that contraction O, and remember to push and breath through" Qasim coached, wiping her face.

"Baby, shut up. Emilie, please get these bighead ass babies out of me" she yelled.

"Birth isn't that

"Liese, shut the hell up" Mariah huffed.

"Looks like Keelan wanted second. What's the time? Emilie questioned, wrapping him and handing Qasim the scissors.

"The time is 4:00, and Prince Keelan weighs 7lbs and 14 oz." Beth announced, handing the baby to O's mom.

Keelan's eyes popped open and he smiled. Almost as if he knew she was grandma without a doubt.

Emilie felt around and Kaleb was balled up in the corner. This was dubbed the stubborn child. Considering, he waited until 5:00 a.m. to make his appearance. Kaleb was also going to be a mama's boy. Every time someone attempted to hold him, he'd cry. Kaylin's home was with her daddy, and Keelan was winning the grannies over.

Watching Mariah birth his children made Qasim aware of how much more he loved her. And the fact that she birthed three of his kids unmedicated, made the love greater. The excitement died  down a little, everything was cleaned, sanitized, and darn near spotless. The twins were resting.

Qasim had several thoughts going through his head. He wanted to make love to O from sun up to sun down. He was on a birth high. Nothing could compare to this exact moment. 

"What?"

Smiling he shook his head, no amount of words could explain his feelings. 

Qasim only smiled and rubbed O's cheek. Pulling her face closer, he kissed her. Biting her lip, she accepted his tongue. Qasim had to will himself to pull away.

Watching O nod off caused Q to sigh. He knew his baby was tired. A day and a half with three little stubborn bodies was enough for anybody to be tired.

She deserved to rest. The trips had their shine, now mommy needed her rest. Q had it all under control. Adjusting the volume on the baby monitor,  he smiled to himself.

Triple K Day was one for the books. All Qasim could do, is thank God for blessing him, with a beautiful fiance, and five precious children.

Hi guys,
I've watched a million birthing videos. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please excuse all mistakes. I'm going to sleep since I have a work meeting at 8:30. Love you guys. -CPacino💖

SN: I haven't found any pics of babies I like. Lol.