Episode 80: Sword Versus Meteor

The field wasn't changed for our battle either like how it had been for Rosa and Maki

The field wasn't changed for our battle either like how it had been for Rosa and Maki. Though, the battlefield had been fixed by the Celestial Prince while his cousin rested from his earlier illusion magic.

My own cousin reached for the hilt of his sword as he transformed the white cross in his hand into a white sword. He unsheathed Baldo and crossed both swords in front of him.

Meanwhile, I spun Alma around, building up its momentum.

"Ready when you are," I said, keeping an eye at him. A frigid aura surrounded his legs and feet, freezing the ground below. I could probably get close to him, but I probably wouldn't last too long even with the ice resistance I inherited from Mother. Long distance attacks were my best bet. I would have to use one sphere of Alma to attack and the other to defend.

Hyosetsu charged at me and vanished midway. I chuckled as the sphere I wasn't spinning struck something cold.

"Nice try, Hyo," I said as the ground around me rumbled. "But you must surely have known that I would stop it!"

Hyosetsu smirked as he leapt into the air. He rained several ice darts down at me. He swung one of his swords at me, unleashing a chilly wave of wind which pressed down on me with great force. He then proceeded to swing the other, creating an unrelenting blizzard.

I swung the part of Alma that I was spinning at him, nearly knocking him out of the air. Sadly, he parried it with both swords.

He jumped in mid-air and unleashed a blue aura from his swords. I spun all of Alma around, blocking the various energy sword beams.

I gasped as I felt my hands grow numb. Hyosetsu's beams had covered Alma in a layer of ice which had spread across the chains and now toward my hands.

I removed the ice on my hands using my own ice powers which felt like getting a tooth pulled out without anesthetic. Though, I kept my shriek in.

Hyosetsu charged at me but I slammed Alma toward him. He blocked once more but this time I continued to strike and strike, not letting down on him as I slowly pushed him back. It was a mistake on his part to have allowed me to get an attack combo going.

He grunted as he struggled to maintain his footing against the onslaught from Alma.

"Hyoryuu!" Hyosetsu yelled at the top of his lungs. The dragon-like marks on his pitch black Baldo emerged from the sword as if coming to life. The markings spread around Alma. A gurgling sound like the roar of a large crocodile emerged from the floating blue dragon symbol. Suddenly, the two-dimensional image started to bend and shift into that of a seven-meter ice dragon.

I stepped back as it peered at me with ferocious eyes. I yanked Alma away, knocking off several scales on its pale blue belly, but new ones quickly grew in their place.

"Is this a spell?" I asked.

"This is the spirit of the dragon used to make Baldo. Sir Tekeshi told me about it since our return to Xeleria. I had Sneg and Yuri teach me how to call upon a dragon."