part 18 [end]

"Man, the teachers actually expecting us to pass is a pretty high standard, I mean crap, have you seen some of the chemistry homework? It's more like ancient greek." Camila yaps on the same way she usually would about school work from where she's going through her own locker next to me. Despite registering the words she was saying in my head; my eyes focused on the task at hand, darting from each book in my locker simultaneous with the memory that I would be attending biology class next. I reach into my locker to grab the red book, once it registers in my head that red, is indeed, the colour I use for my biology book.

The bell sounds throughout the hallways of the school.

"Oh, we have biology together next." Camila chirps up from where she's now next to me with her backpack slung over her shoulder, a bright grin plastered across her features. Her smile warms my heart as we both take steps in the same direction toward our biology classroom.

"We'd better head quickly so we're not late." Camila chuckles, taking slightly faster steps. It's at these words that I'm filled with a strange feeling I haven't felt in a while. It tingles along my limbs and goosebumps bubble up over every inch of my skin.

I stop in place to find my limbs tensing up in preparation, almost like I expected someone to bump into me. My eyes squeezed shut tightly as I prepared myself for the impact.

When nothing happened, my body felt surprised that no one had shoved into me.

When I opened my eyes again, I saw Camila staring back, her head tilted slightly in confusion.

Something was different this time around. This wouldn't be the first time I met her. I wasn't handing her any books, I wasn't asking her number so that we could definitely talk later.

I didn't have to do anything because she was already mine.

Instead, I smiled widely, staring back at my girlfriend.

'Fuck.' I breathed, unable to look away from Camila. 'I love you.'