Chapter 2

I felt so much, that I started to feel nothing 

-Unknown

---

Third person pov

The two sharingan users stood before each other. The younger of the two bowed before getting into a fighting stance. The other continued to stand still, fully knowing that the boy would not be able to lay a hand on him. 

"Katon goukakyuu no jutsu!" The boy exclaimed after completing a series of hand signs. A large ball of fire blew out of the boys mouth, engulfing the other in flames. Saito stood there with his eyes wide. Had he really defeated his master that easily, he wondered. Of course that was proven to be wrong when Madara stood in front of him completely unscathed after the fire cleared out. 

"Did you really think that your pathetic excuse of a fire jutsu could harm me?" Madara questioned the young boy who immediately shook his head. While Saito continued to stare Madara flung multiple kunais that he was lucky enough to dodge. Saito immediately created some distance by jumping back further into the cave. 

"Katon shuriken no jutsu!" Saito said while swiftly weaving some hand signs. He blew fire out of his mouth while releasing several shurikens. The fire coated the shurikens, rapidly making their way to Madara who looked unimpressed. Madara simply swiped his arm, sending the shurikens barrelling to the wall. 

"Alright I understand your ninjutsu level. Now show me your taijutsu." Madara said with a sigh as Saito nodded. He immediately ran towards him and leapt up. He brought his leg down onto Madara who had remarkable amounts of strength even at his age. Madara put his arm up which was easily enough to block the kick. He grabbed Saito's foot and flung him into the wall, creating a small crater. Saito groaned as he fell onto the ground but quickly picked himself up. "Is that all you've got? Is this really the limit to your strength. I have to say Saito I'm disappointed. You're one of the last remaining Uchiha's and maybe even the weakest. Where is the Saito that slaughtered his parents?" Madara taunted as Saito clenched his fists. "Where is the boy who dug his kunai into his best friend's heart without even breaking a sweat?" Saito felt hatred build up in him as he remembered the events of that night. "Where is the monster that you are?" That question seemed to break him as he felt a shift in his eye. Saito didn't think he just moved on instinct. He moved at a speed unlike before and appeared in front of Madara in a flash. Madara had a victorious smirk on his face as he realised his plan had worked. 

"Amaterasu." The boy whispered not recognising the foreign word. Madara's eye widened slightly as he jumped away from the spot he was once on. The ground was soon covered in gold flames as the boy felt something wet trickle down his cheek. He touched his face and saw that his fingertips were covered in blood. 

"Izuna." Madara whispered not being able to take his eyes off the golden flames. Just before Izuna's eyes were transplanted into Madara's he had shown him a jutsu. The amaterasu, that lacked the black colour but was a brilliant gold. "How?"

Meanwhile Saito was wondering why he was bleeding. He was almost positive that he didn't cut his cheek. He soon came to realise that the blood wasn't coming from his cheek but from his eyes. The blood flow soon stopped as he pulled the chakra away from his eyes. As soon as he did exhaustion consumed him and he fell to the ground. But before he hit the floor he felt an arm hold him up. Saito looked at Madara who was staring at him with an unidentifiable emotion in his eyes. "How did I do?" Saito questioned Madara tiredly as he black spots began to appear in his vision. 

"Not too bad kid." He heard before everything faded away. 

---

Saito pov

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my back. I quickly sat up and scanned where I was. Everything was dark besides a fire in front of me that was burning on nothing. The events from before quickly returned to me as I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. I fainted in front of my sensei that I was suppose to prove my worth to today. 

"Finally awake?" A voice said from behind me as I turned around to see Madara sitting on his throne. "Your ninjutsu was less then I expected and your taijutsu lacked skill, speed and strength." He said with a dissatisfied voice as I looked down in shame. "Look at me boy." Madara commanded as I grudgingly looked up at him. "Your sharingan ability surpassed my expectations." He said with a smirk as my eyes widened in shock. "You may have done poorly in everything else but you didn't disappoint me."  

"Thank you." I chocked out, overwhelmed with what he was saying. 

"Don't thank me now Saito. Once we start your real training you might even regret coming here." He said darkly, returning to his regular reserved self. I nodded my head as I watched a small piece of paper appear in his hand. "First we're going to test your chakra affinity." He said as I stood up and walked to collect the paper. I turned the paper around expecting to see some impressive sealing or at least some writing but soon realised it was completely blank. "Channel some chakra into the paper." He said as I did what he demanded. To my amazement I felt the paper grow heavier in my hand until I couldn't bear the weight and I dropped it. It created a small crater in the ground as I continued to watch the paper splint into two. One of the halves lit on fire and crumbled away as the other began to turn black. I looked at Madara to see him staring at it with his white eyebrows furrowed. Only the centre of the paper changed colour, creating some sort of black hole that sucked the rest of it in until the paper disappeared. 

"What's my affinity?" I questioned him curiously after a while as he remained silent. 

"Fire and wind." He stated. I remembered my father's affinities also being fire and wind but couldn't seem to remember what my mothers was. 

"Is that it?" I asked as Madara seemed to look like he wanted to say more. 

"Yes."

~~~~~~

Word count: 1087

Sorry it isn't much but we're just getting started. So.... Madara lied. I hope he doesn't seem too OOC, I'm trying my best to keep him as heartless as I can but I dunno (he kinda did just find out that Saito could use his brothers amaterasu so).

THANKS FOR READING

xxx