Chapter-17

Nat's POV

My heart beats too fast that I'm afraid people could hear them out. At this moment, Luke's starring at me but I can't move. I'm not going to lie, I had butterflies in my stomach and my face reddened.

In werewolves culture, alpha who already found his mate will immediately make an announcement party or the first appearance party, if his mate isn't from the same pack as him.
Having a Luna is a big deal for a pack, as what Luke said before, it is like having a godmother who take care of the whole pack. In our pack, the hierarchy system is the main-- but after all, we are all family.

When Jason called my name, I came back to reality. I didn't know how I did it, but I ended up in the altar.

The tightness of the air seems to increase. And I found it so hard to breathe. My ears feel like burning. And it was dead silence. Nobody dared to say anything, just a total disbelief.

"I present you.. Luna of Blood Moon Pack!" Said the MC.

*silence

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!" My mom yelled at the MC and almost fell down in her way to the altar.

I kept my head down, but Luke was holding my hand, trying to give me strength.

"I don't understand." She said finally.

"I have found my Luna. I hope you can respect her like you do to me." Luke said with his alpha tone.

I heard clapping started from Jason, followed by the whole pack. Even this is a confusing situation, having a Luna is a joyful moment. The pack's link is hectic,wolves are overwhelmed with the fact that now they have a Luna and I did too. I can say that I'm very happy to have all of them. And after all the ritual, now my wolf is crowned the Luna.

"SHIFT!" Luke used his alpha tone. And we all shifted.

_________

We were running across our territory, almost like having a parade. Everyone ran happily despite the far distance. We finished off when we reach the dark forest. Followed by our howls to the full moon. I thanked the Moon goddess for her kind bless.

I inhaled dark forest's cold air, filling the maximum capacity of my lungs. Tears dropped to my silver fur, making my face even colder. I erased all my sad memories. About the rejection, and about what happened under the deep dark trees. I closed my eyes, letting it go, forgiving myself for it. Because I'm about to start a new life, life of a Luna. It was a crazy night for me. everything went so fast and blurry, the last thing I remember is me burying myself inside a dark wood scent, and I smiled as it happened.

Luke's POV

The ceremony was emotional, but everyone seemed to enjoyed it. But I still have no idea how to explain this to my mom. She might be freaking out right now. I know I have to clear l miss understanding among us, as soon as possible. But judging from our pack-link, my members doesn't seem like they mind, they are too excited to have a Luna.

_______

Natalie is sleeping next to me. Her big closed eyes, and her cheeks are too cute, I cupped her left cheek and kissed her nose. I am an alpha whatever, I still had butterflies when I saw her.

I touched her beautiful brow, adoring every inch of her face. She finally woke up and smiled to me, she's too sweet. She cuddled in to my embrace and hugged me tight. I giggled a bit and played with her hair.

"We need to get up" I said

"Hmm?" She said lazily.

"Dad, mind linked me. We have to have a family meet up."

"Why?"

I just smiled as an answer.

________________

At the alpha office

Natalie was a little shaking, I think she's afraid. But she held her head up and walk straight.

Nat's POV

My parents sat quietly on the couch, holding each other's hand. I felt intimidated to even just sit in front of them. My breath are heavy.

"Luke, Natalie, we will move to south lake soon."

"What?" I said shocked because of the topic my father pick.

"It is already the right time for us." My mother said with elegance, unlike my expectations.

Luke and me stayed silence. There's no way we could react in this situation. They seemed ...different.

"I hope you two will be a good role model for our pack ,to rule even  better than the previous period. And Natalie, I have high hopes on you." My father said looking at me.

"Thank you." Said Luke without hesitation.

"One more thing, about the war that we  planned, its better to prepare your warriors as soon as possible , and perhaps you have to find a new trainer."

" I still can be" I said, even if my father referring me as the Luna, I still can be the trainer at least for this war.

Thank you for reading, it means a lot ❤️ see you next week!