Coffee Shop

Fred sat waiting in the coffee shop, slowly drinking the coffee in his hand as he waited for Hermione to show up. It had been a good thirty minutes so far and she still hadn't arrived. He hadn't received any text from her either indicating that she had to reschedule.

Another thirty minutes passed and Hermione came bounding in, a huge smile placed across her face. While she was almost two hours late, Fred did have to admit he wasn't upset with the witch, just a bit confused as to what took her so long to get there.

"So sorry I'm late!" Hermione spoke giddily.

Before he could ask why she was so happy, Hermione shoved her left hand into his face, a diamond ring glinting in his eyes from the sunlight that shone through the windows.

"Oh wow," Fred mumbled, a bit deflated. "Ron proposed huh?"

"He did!" Hermione smiled, bringing her hand back to look at it herself. "He did it right as I was about to leave to meet you. That's why I took so long, sorry I didn't call Fred."

"It's alright, 'Mione."

"So, what was it you wanted to talk to me about?" She asked.

"Oh, um, nothing. Just wanted to get your opinion on something but it's all sorted out now."

"Alright then," Hermione smiled, not finding anything wrong with how the boy was acting. "Do you have time for a bite to eat?"

Fred gulped, knowing he definitely wouldn't make it through a whole lunch with the young witch without telling her how he felt. "Sorry 'Mione, I actually have some business to attend to at the joke shop."

"That's alright Fred, don't worry about it. I'll see you later then at the Burrow?"

She was referring to dinner tonight. Molly had wanted to get them all together for a family dinner since they hadn't had one in awhile.

"Yeah, see you then."

"Wonderful!" Hermione got up to go to the counter of the shop before turning around. "Hey Fred, don't tell anyone about Ron and I would you. We're going to announce our engagement tonight at the dinner."

"Will do, Hermione."

The witch then turned and went up to the counter. Fred watched as she ordered something to eat before quickly leaving when he saw her about to get her food.

He made his way toward his and George's joke shop, figuring he might as well get some things done while he was in Diagon Alley.

. . .

poor fred! how'd you guys like the chapter? sorry it was so short but i was meaning to get something up for you all to read since i've been gone for so long.

- emma