Chapter 29

A/N: Hey guys, so I'm super sorry about the long wait for this chapter. I shouldn't even be updating until like Wednesday but after an entire month filled with exams, essays and research to be done I think I deserve a break (even if it was just an hour today).

Since the moment I woke up this morning, I have been doing work. I had a take home final (an essay on Edgar Allen Poe) and then I was studying for my two biology final exams tomorrow along with my case study presentation. Tuesday I also have a medical terminiology so i won't be able to update until after Tuesday.

but soon good news is that i graduate FRIDAY. so yay. lol anyways, i'll stop talking now. hope you enjoy this chapter.

also, the end is near so just a heads up!

♥ -cassie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 29

                “You can’t do that,” I told him as I stepped out of his embrace and hugged myself. “You can’t just tell me things like that, Gray.” I continued as I shook my head side to side.

                “Why not?” he asked confused.

                “Because!” I yelled. “Do you not see where we are right now?! We’re standing in front of the hospital, my sister, you’re ex-girlfriend is lying in! She just woke up from a coma, Gray. You can’t do that. You can’t do this to me.”

                “What does Hailey have to do with us?”

                “EVERYTHING.” I screamed as I gathered strands of hair into my fists. “Hailey has everything to do with us. She was your ex-girlfriend and my sister. Do you not see how fucked up that is? I am her little sister! You saw me fucking grow up, Gray. I’ve known you for my entire life practically and never did you speak to me while Henry was still around or when you were with Hailey. Then Henry died and you come back from war and you just walk into my life like nothing fucking happened? Like we’re strangers that just met and you wanted to get to know me? You were my brother’s best friend! You dated my sister! You and I can’t happen.”

                Gray stood before me with a confused expression written all over his face. It was as if he didn’t understand what I had just said, or as if he were still trying to peace it together. “Why?” he finally asked.

                I shook my head and exhaled, “I can’t give you what you want.” I told him. “Although Hailey and I have differences, she’s still my sister and I know how much she loved you. She was insanely in love with you, Gray. The love she felt for you, I won’t ever be able to give you. I’m not that type of person.”

                “I don’t want you to be like Hailey,” Gray replied taking a step forward. “I know how you are, Holland. Hailey was always too clingy. She depended on me too much. I like that you’re not that like. You’re your own person. Hailey admitted to being nothing without me the night we broke up.” He reached out to grab my arm as he spoke.

                I shook my head and took a step back. If he touched me, I would give in. I wanted to be in his arms, I wanted to say yes a million times and tell him that I wanted him and I too work. But I couldn’t because Hailey was my sister. Hailey had been so in love with Gray that she let the heartbreak of them splitting up destroy her. I couldn’t end up like her. I wouldn’t.