Chapter 23

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Chapter 23- Cassandra's P.O.V.~

It has been at least two hours since I have stayed crying in the corner of the waiting room. People would come up to me and comfort me, but I would shoo them away.

"Anyone here for Mr. Schmidt?" I froze in my spot and my heart was racing. I then got my mind to work and turned my head towards the doctor.

Everyone in the waiting room raised their hand, since these are all the people that are going to the wedding.

"Wow, okay." the doctor looked down at his clipboard, "Let's have the family go in first."

Mama Schmidt, her husband, Kenneth, and Kevin followed the doctor.

"What about me?" I asked them before they left.

The doctor turned and looked at me, "Who are you to Kendall?"

"I'm engaged to him."

"Sorry, family first. Being engaged is considered a friend." They then left.

That was not fair!

I had to use the restroom, but when I got up, I fell down. I was too weak to get up. All that crying drained all my energy.

Logan came and helped me up, and I leaned on him for support. Once I had enough energy to go to the bathroom, I got off of Logan and walked towards the restrooms.

I went inside the women's restroom and looked at myself in the mirror.

"Wow I'm a mess."I mumbled I sighed and washed my face to get rid of the makeup that was all over my face. Then I realised my hair from the tight bun I put up, and put my hair in a ponytail.

This dress was getting hot, but I can't change since I don't have other clothes to wear. I shrugged and came out of the bathroom and sat down in a seat in the waiting room.

The doctor soon came back, and I immediately got up.

"Whoa, someone's in a hurry." the doctor said to me. I just rolled my eyes and followed him with James, Logan, and Carlos.

We reached the room, and the doctor checked his clipboard, "Okay, before we go inside, Kendall has a broken arm, he has bruises, and he has a broken rib."

"Will he be alright?" Carlos asked.

"Yes, he will. He should be out of the hospital in a week since we have to care for that broken rib he has."

"Can we go in?" Logan asked.

The doctor nodded his head, "Of course you can, but you don't have time to have long conversations. He needs to rest."

We all went inside the room. Kendall sprang his head up and saw us walking towards him.

He smiled, "Hey guys."

We all said hi to him.

"So how are you feeling?" James asked him.

"I feel fine, except for this pain in my arm and rib." He winced when he was moving to sit up.

"Here, let me help you." I said while grabbing the remote and set him up straight.

Kendall looked up and down at me, "You look so beautiful in that dress, I'm really sorry about today and not having to marry you."

I reached down and pecked his lips, "It's okay, you didn't know it was going to happen."

"Hey, I have an idea!" Logan shouted.