Chapter XXX : Seamus De Santis

Listen to Incomplete by Backstreet Boys.

Elaine's P.O.V

I winced in pain as Rowan kneeled before me and aided my leg.

I kept thinking of what I would tell him in order to break the marriage. Plus, originally, we did agree to divorce in three months. Maybe, I should wait three months, and I'd talk Thea into it.
Yes, That's right. That's exactly what I am going to do.

Now, I should merely act as though everything is okay.

Well except, the fact that he is a liar and didn't tell me about Thea and Him.

I glared at him. "You are a liar." I stated. "I do not accept to live within a marriage based on lies, and I don't accept to be decieved by my husband on a matter of cheating. And also, it's shameful considering you have a daughter but yet my own best friend is detected to be her mother. Now I am definetely confused about your past foolish decisions but what is more important in this relationship is : the concept of building trust and honesty where I do not have to question your devotion and loyalty. Now tell me, can you at least try to apply that concept from now on?"

He paused and looked up at me slightly shocked at what I said.

"Then tell me this: What do I get out of this concept of yours? How does it benefit me? I have already made myself clear that I do not have feelings for you nor do I have any interest in making this marriage work. So what's the point, huh?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Marriage is merely a word, and it goes by name of devotion, loyalty, love and care. But emotions are what makes you human, so thinking that it should benefit you alone only, it is wrong. Because genuinely, it doesn't. Neither it does me. But despite the fiction of this marriage, I still find it in my heart to be truthful and honest, devoted and loyal. Not because it will make my life better, or because it is beneficial. But because I am human, and those emotions are what oblige me to do so. Because the marriage itself says so. Not only that, but it builds a bond between you and I, not a bond of relationship, but a bond of friendship. "

He scowled. "You're wrong. A marriage doesn't build a bond of friendship. Marriage itself is the definition of a relationship. You can't possibly say it builds friendship. And what you are saying makes absolutely no sense to me. Psychologically, the main reason you are so intrigued in the success of this marriage is because you are blinded by your feelings for me. So why don't you wake up and stop getting jealous over shit that is none of your business." He deadpanned and then simply got up.

I grabbed his wrist and he turned to look at me.

"Is this supposed to be some nutritional talk for me to wake up? I make perfect sense, and let me tell you this." I got up to face him. "Whatever your opinion is about my feelings, know that you would never understand how much it hurts when you act like a jerk, but its because of those feelings that I always tend to try and find you excuses. Don't ever think for a moment that I don't question my love for you, but then again I doubt anyone would ever accept the real you."

I placed my hand on his chest and glared at him. "Because believe it or not, I might just know your flaws more than you know them yourself. That's the reason I keep forgiving you."

I took a glance at his shocked face. I admired leaving him speechless. It was a rare ocassion.

He then furrowed his brows. "No girl has said that before. I wonder what you mean."

"Keep wondering. You'll come around." I said then turned my back and walked out.

Rowan's P.O.V

Why'd she say that? What is that strange feeling?

I sighed and left using the back door. I turned my back to lock the door then froze mid-way when I heard footsteps.

I turned my head around and narrowed my eyes as I observed the man standing before me.

I turned around completely to face him and furrowd my brows suspiciously.

"And who might you be?" I asked him.

His face was stern, yet peaceful as he swung the gun from his shoulder.

My lips twitched sarcastically.

"If I'm not mistaken, you must be Rowan Roosevelt. Am I right?" His voice was blunt, very harsh, and stern.

His big boots made a rhythmical noise against the causeway, solid and regular like a soldier.

"Hmm, now if I'm not mistaken, I already asked you a question. So answer it or beat it." I mumbled bluntly, feeling bored with his presence.

He suddenly grinned. "You sound just like your father. You are infact Rowan, huh?" He chuckled devilishly.

I sighed, moving past him without giving him a second glance.

"So I heard you found out about the story."

I froze. "Story?"

"Yes. The one about your dearest wife?" I heard his saint voice.

I clenched my fists. I turned to look at him with a glare.

"Is there a story I should know about?"

"Why ofcourse there is. In fact, there are many. For starters, our story. But I think you heard of it. Detailed too. Is that the reason why you are feeling anger building up in your throat?" His tone was teasing, it ticked me off.

Just who the hell is this man?

"I heard none of it. " I began to walk way until I heard his voice again.

"Hold it."

I rolled my eyes. "What now?"

"Thea is a very good story teller. And also a great manipulator. And a liar. And a couple of other things. Now sit. And lets discuss things."

Damn it.

"Who are you, again?" I deadpanned.

He chuckled at my question. "Why, I am the infamous Leader of The Shadow Gang, Seamus De Santis." He muttered dramatically with a satanic grin.

_____

Hello!!

I missed you!! I know its short but I just had to update something, it is kind of a cliff hanger.

By the way, who doesn't remember the Shadow Gang go back to chapter (We'll Always be Sisters) its the gang in Elaine's past.

Love ya!

AND CHECK OUT WHAT I WROTE ON MY WALL ABOUT THE FACEBOOK PAGE. PLEASE FOLLOW ME. AND MY INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT IS NOW PUBLIC.