Chapter 6

The Hound and Princess continued to work on their fighting. The Mountain some times joined in on the training, though all the times he did, Zyta got hurt. She didn't care that she bleed, got bruises, or got scars. Sandor however, did.

Sandor didn't want to see Zyta hurt. Not even if it was a little bruise. But he was teaching her how to fight, how to be a worrier, so she had to get hurt sometimes.

"You need to hit harder!" The Hound barked at Zyta. The wooden sword in her hand was hitting his right side, he wasn't able to feel it.

"I'm hitting as hard as I can! It's a wooden practice sword, of course it's not going to hurt!" Zyta fired back. She went to go hit his shoulder, but his sword blocked it, Zyta dropped her sword and let it hang down at her side.

"A practice sword should still sting a little, Little Flower." He stated. He raised his sword, "Again." Was all he said.

The Hound and his flower practiced fighting for a couple more hours. By the time they stopped it was dusk.

"Come, we'll go eat." Zyta grabbed Sandor's hand and started to lead him into the castle.

The Hound wasn't used to holding hands with a woman. Her hands were soft and little, his rough, large and scarred. They were warm and only dirty because of the wooden sword he supplied her.

Sandor watched her say hello to everyone she passed. Even the maids that get treated horrible by the queen and king, smiled genuinely at Zyta.

Was he stupid to think a beautiful princess would ever love him? Of course he was. For all he knew she treated every man like this. But it felt different, it felt that her hand belonged in his forever.

He didn't like the feeling he got when he saw another man look her. He didn't like the thought of another man laying next to her. It should be him, but he was a Hound and she was a flower.