Story Time: Old Man

I think I should start adding how old I was when these things happened to me.

Age of Occurrence: Fresh 18

From 16 to 18 I worked at a grocery store as a cashier. A lot of shit happened when I worked there. We were robbed, Michael Jackson died, one of my old elementary school teachers hit on me, I laughed at bitches who wore high heels in the winter time fall on ice, we changed locations—to a bigger building and one of my customers attempted to bed me.

When we moved to our bigger facility, of course we got new locals that shopped at our location. One in particular would always come to my line, no matter how busy we were. I could have the longest line or have someone with 80 items and he's behind them with only three...he'd still wait in my lane.

In the beginning I didn't pay much attention to him. He was just a regular, nothing more nothing less.

Then something clicked and I noticed he always came at a certain time. He came once a week, I wanna say Sunday, yeah, Sunday, between 10:30-11am.

Then I started checking him out....
When I realized how good looking he was I started to get nervous whenever he came in. Then it was becoming obvious that he was digging me.

My coworkers peeped it before me. They are low key the reason why I even started pay attention in the first place. They caused the click.

But anyway...

Whenever he spoke to me, he was so smooth.
Wait...fuck...I should describe him right?
He was about 5'8, slim, brown eyes, wore glasses, salt and pepper hair, a sprinkle of grey in his goatee, and an amazing smile.
Every time I saw him, I was shook.

I remember he'd always take his time whenever I rang him up. He'd make conversation and all that. Ask me how I was doing and shit, then he'd tell me he'd see me later. Doesn't seem like much, but his delivery spoke volumes.

One week I had requested to do the early morning shift and to leave early. I was in at 4 in the morning 🙄

Anyway, around 10:30 I was supposed to be dipping, but my relief was running late so they asked me to stay for another 15. I get back to doing my thing and I noticed the time. And I realized he wasn't here. I shrugged it off and finish ringing out my customer.

As soon as I finished with her and got started on the next. Then here he comes, walking up to my lane around. My relief was also walking over from the opposite end of the store. I'm speed balling through my current customer, so I can at least say hi or whatever. Then my replacement walks up right as it's his turn.

My replacement switching out with me and I'm giving her the run down. When I stopped talking to her, I looked to him. I said good morning and he's like "morning, you're leaving already?"

I said yeah and my coworker is standing to the side  just smirking as we're talking and she's ringing up his shit. Then he asked if I'd be leaving early next week. I told him no. That I'd be on my regular schedule next week.

Then he goes, "Okay, so I don't have to get up even earlier on my Sunday..."

Y'all, if I wasn't brown, I would have been blushing.

My coworker is just sitting there watching the whole thing. Then the lady behind him was staring too. They just watching everything unfold and we were damn near in a whole other world.