nine; first date

{nine// first date}

I sit in my history class, textbooks infront of me. Heather is passing notes with Calum but I cant seem to keep my eyes off of Luke in the corner of the room. He sits quietly doing his work that had been assigned and doesnt glance up at me once. I wonder what hes thinking, I bet something really cute or smart. Or cute and smart, like if you had 12 bunnies and subtract by the equator of the Earths length how many bunnies would you have? Im so stupid.

I hear Heather giggle at Calum and Luke looks up for the first time this class period and smiles awkwardly at me and I do my best to smile back. He looked at me, he smiled at me.

Once the bell had rung it was time for lunch and I quickly grabbed y things, rushing to catch up with Heather until i felt a tap on the shoulder. Turning around I saw a nervous looking Luke with his hair pushed to the side and his cheeks a bright red, "Hey Luke." I tried my hardest not to sound too excited.

"Hey Rebecca, umm I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go see a movie with me or something?"

"Sounds awesome!" I think Im going to pass out.

"Really? I mean- we dont have to go to the movies, we could just go for a walk, play lazer tag, I dont know whatever you want to do."'

I laugh before answering, "Ive always thought movies were cheesy, maybe we could do mini golf? I hope its not a bother, Ive always wanted to and umm.." I ramble on trying not to be rude about saying no to the movies.

"Okay tomorrow at 5:00 my mom can pick you up and take you home.." fixing his hair to the side again.

"Sounds great, see you then." I smile and rub my sweaty palms togeteher trying to stay calm.

Luke pivets on his heels and strolls down the hall and I go the seperate way to the lunch room grinning the whole way. I cant believe that happened.

-

"Heather guess what?!" I shout into the phone as soon as I get home from school and lay on my bed.

"Something about Luke, isnt it?" She groaned, I talk way too much about Luke but its so hard not to talk about him.

"He asked me on a date!"

"What?!"

"Yeah, unbelievable right?"

"Totally, I thought you were just going to obsess over him the rest of your life."

"I did too!" I laugh.

"Thats very good for you." I hear her smile over the phone.

"How are you and Calum?"

"I dont think he'll ever get the hint I like him. He thinks of me as a friend and I think of him as way more." She sighs.

"Im sorry. Im sure everything will work out though."

"Hopefully, hey I have to run down and do my chores. See ya tomorrow!"

-

Today is the day.

I run up to the shower and quickly shower, its four so I sill have and hour to get ready.

Once Im clean and dry I start applying subtle make up just to cover some blemishes. Im sure to add some mascara, lip stick, and blush just to make my facial feature pop.

I curl my dirty-blonde hair in beach waves and braid a small section in front, which I would call my bangs but are to long to be bangs.

This is my very first actual date. I mean in fifth grade I went to the movie theaters (one of the reasons I dont like movie dates, plus their unpersonal) with a boy named James and he tried holding my hand, of course I turned him down. I actually believed boys had cooties. But, I didnt like James nearly as much as I like Luke. Luke has something special about him. Something that makes you want to know what hes thinking, what he does, what his life is like. Thats what I like about him, and also his awesome hair.