Slave To Love ~ 12

Chapter 12

'Yehey! I did it! mama! mama! come here and look!', Tyler called out to her excitedly, clapping his hands, as he finished building the lego dinosaur T-Rex his aunt Edna gave him last Christmas.

Catherine smiled happily as she hastily dried her hands on a paper towel. She just finished placing the home-made cheesecake she baked into the oven.

It's her traditional Sunday treat for Tyler. Baking him his favorite desserts. However, this time she baked in their humble home, instead of at the bakery.

To Edna's surprised, she asked to be excused today from working in the Sweet Tooth Bakeshop, claiming that she was experiencing a severe migraine attack.

Not that it wasn't true. She just wasn't feeling well these past few days, especially right after that encounter with 'his' mother.

Yes, she knew now that it was his mother who was at the bakery the other day. She snooped upon him, doing her own research via Google search about his family background, which she never thought of doing so before.

Not that she was uninterested, but she just doesn't want to learn more about his whereabouts, not after that dreadful snowy day when her world shattered after finding out he has a lady love already. Anyway, it was for the better, for her self-interest that she doesn't hear from him. In order for her to thoroughly forget about him. However, she failed in that department desperately because forgetting him is hard to do, especially now that Tyler is growing up. Everyday her little man is starting to show a clear and vivid resemblance of his father.

The father that by now is almost within their reach, unbeknownst to her.

She watched Tyler as his grin widened while he was playing with his toys, laid down infront of him on their glass kitchen table.

Catherine took a deep breath.

Will Aaron acknowledged Ty once he finds out they have a child together? or would he deny him?

Will he ever forgive her for keeping Ty a secret from him?

'Who am I fooling? When I can't even forgive myself?', she asked herself in a whisper.

A flashback came into her mind of the unexpected occurrence on the day after their first surprising encounter.

***

4 years back...

She hastily alighted out of the taxi cab as it reached the hospital entrance where Miguel is currently confined.
Clutching her worn purse tightly in her chest, she pressed the elevator button that will take her to the Surgical Critical Care Unit.

Her phone died at the hotel last night without her knowing so she wasn't able to call Edna, who volunteered to look after Miguel that night on Catherine's behalf. Her heart beating so fast, a silly smile plastered on her lips.

She's in a happy bliss.

Spending the night with him and making love several times, ah... what pure, heaven's kiss it was. It was like everytime she closes her eyes, she can see him, standing there, with all of his delicious, naked glory infront of her. His taste is still in her mouth. His smell still lingers on her skin.

She became a woman in his arms again and again.
She never said no, not once. She took pleasure in his continuous act of love.

'Oh Aaron...', she sighed. Biting her lower, pouty lip, blushing at the thought of him kissing her down there.

The elevator door opened and she was shooked from her reverie.

She took a deep breath and walked faster, intending to reach Miguel to say her hello and inform him the good news that they have funds for his upcoming operation now.