The Mikaelsons

Side Note: This is my favorite song, and it was what I've been listening to while writing this chapter. It's amazing!

Hurts: Rolling Stone

Angel huffed. The Mikaelson brothers had dragged her to their large mansion, despite her protests and bitter insults.

"I can just go home."

Kol rolled his eyes, while Elijah glanced at his younger brother coldly.

"You caused this, Kol. I don't understand why you are rolling your eyes at a simple comment," Elijah snapped. He was holding on to the blonde's arm softly.

Kol groaned. "Really? This again? I didn't know the crackhead had vampire blood in his system when I killed him!"

Angel glared at the youngest brother. "Why the hell would you do that, anyway!? He did nothing to you!"

"Oh, but he did, darling! He really did!" The two glared at each other, and Elijah stepped in.

"Enough, Kol. You're causing Angel distress."

"And there he is--the nobel Elijah! Always being so merciful and gentlemanly! How sweet."

Angel and Elijah both ignored his snarkiness. 

"Where's my brother?"

Kol opened his mouth to respond with something sarcastic, before Angel beat him to it.

"Elijah."

Kol smirked at her with every ounce of assholeness he could muster.

Angel simply raised a brow, waiting for the other brother's response.

"I have returned him to the house. He is in the care of your sister."

"Elena's back home?"

"Yes," he responded, while sending her a curious glance. "Were you not aware?"

Angel pursed her lips and shrugged. Elena had not even bothered to speak to her sister for the past weeks.

'Elena doesn't understand,' Angel reminded herself.

Even though this was the case, Angel couldn't help but feel a little bitter towards her sister. Angel, of course, understood why her sister would be angry, but Angel had never done anything to cause pain to her family intentionally. Angel always had a reason for her actions, and Elena knew that, so why would this be any different?

Angel shook her head. Elena had every right to be angry. Any logical person would.

Elijah noticed her trail of thought and kept silent, but Kol, who was trailing behind them, did not.

"So, is this Elena a major bitch or something?"

Angel scoffed. "No, Kol. She isn't."

"Really? 'Cause it seems like all of the dopplegängers are certified nuisances."

"If they're so horrible, then what does that make me?"

Kol smirked. "The queen bitch," he answered, while bowing.

Angel couldn't stop her grin from slipping out, and Kol's chest swelled with pride.

"Angel?"

Angel glanced over at the room they just past. "Hi, Nik."

A dimpled smile formed on his face. "What a nice surprise. What's the occasion?"

Elijah explained what happened and his concerns of her health to the hybrid, and the middle brother glared at the youngest in response.