Chapter 28 P.2

*Please do not be tempted to skip all the way to the end to see the ending first.* :P

Chapter 28 <Part 2>

He left.

He glanced at me once and left.

I didn't understand what was going on at that point of time.

He left me.

What?

With a shaky breath, I stood up.

Maybe he's waiting for me outside.

But he wasn't.

I knew he was upset, and I could understand where he was coming from. After everything we have been through, we were just going to go different ways in the end.

However, why couldn't he just look from my point of view? My Dad was a good guy, and I wanted to know who he really was, what he was good at, the stories he shared with my late Mom.

I found a bench next to the McDonald's outlet and sat.

My eyes began to well up with tears. How did I end up being like this? It was all going so well with me going back to high school, making new friends, finding my Dad, finally escaping Shawn, and not to forget, falling in love with Matt.

I couldn't comprehend the situation I was in now.

My phone rang.

Without checking the caller ID, I answered.

"Get in the car."

"Huh?"

He hung up.

Confused, I looked around, my eyes locking in the direction of Matt's car hidden in the shadows.

He hadn't left.

He hadn't left.

He hadn't left.

Oh thank God, he really hadn't left.

I couldn't get in any quicker.

I flung my arms around him, although it was an awkward position from the side, and without me realising, tears managed to escape my eyes. Soon, I started sobbing.

He hadn't left.

He didn't react for the first few seconds, but then he slowly wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer.

"I—"

"Shhhh, you don't have to say anything, Danielle. I'm sorry for being such a jerk. I don't know what came over me for a moment..." Matt spoke, combing my hair with his fingers in a calming motion.

Although my sobs had subsided, I didn't let go. I refused to let go. I didn't want him to leave. I didn't want to leave although I had to.

"My Mom called."

Hearing this, I pulled away slightly to look at his face, though his expression was impassive.

"She wanted to talk about something important at her house. I want you to come with me."

His eyes locked with mine, and the familiar tug at my heart was impossible to ignore.

I was really, really, really in love with him, no doubt.

He tilted his head up and kissed my forehead tenderly. I closed my eyes, relishing the feel of it.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too."

~*~