How do spells work - Part One

I believe that spells work by focusing our subconscious mind. This is the same reason meditation works, affirmations work, positive thinking works, and prayer works. I truly believe we have unlimited power to change the world around us, to create and to destroy, to draw good events and people to us, or bad events and people.

There is a spark of the power of life in everyone of us. Call it the soul, the God Force, the Goddess. Scientists cannot quantify it. Medical doctors cannot call it back once it has left this earthly body. It is what makes us what we are, it makes us alive.

All "things", people, rocks, storms, have a spark of this power, and this is why we can affect them and they affect us. We are all one. Some of us are in closer contact with that spark and wield it more effectively. We can all learn to use it.

Because we are so powerful, it is our responsibility to take care with that power. Never cast a spell, no matter how good it may be, for or on another person unless they have asked you to do it for them, or if you have gotten their permission to do it for them.

Before casting any sort of negative spell, such as binding or banishing, think about what you are doing very carefully. Why are you doing it? And how can you phrase it so that it is for the good of all?

I had to do a banishment of a neighbor once. She was threatening me in a very real way with real harm. I conceived the belief that she was so negative because she was not happy where she was. In my spell work I focused on her leaving and going to a place where she was much happier.

Through mutual friends I learned some months later that she left (and she did leave) because she had a new boyfriend, and he took her to live in a place in the country. She liked it much better, and was very happy there!

And she was out of my space and no longer causing me problems!

Always be careful what you ask for – for you may receive it.

An acquaintance did a spell to lower her debts. Shortly after things happened that caused her to lose her home and her car and other things she was making payments on. She was out of debt, alright, but certainly not better off! Perhaps a spell to increase her income, or to help her discover methods to help her pay her debts (such as being more frugal, or learning better financial methods) would have been better than saying "banish all my debts"!

 She was out of debt, alright, but certainly not better off! Perhaps a spell to increase her income, or to help her discover methods to help her pay her debts (such as being more frugal, or learning better financial methods) would have been better...