Prologue

Unnoticed
By: JhovLovesYou

Language: English
Date published: October 4, 2017

PROLOGUE

"Do you know that girl?"

"Uhh—no?"

"Really? She's the girl whom everyone is talking about."

"She's that girl?"

"Probably."

"Aww. What a pitiful girl."

I continued walking with my head down, trying to ignore those different voices coming from the students in my surrounding.

If I were to choose what superpower I want to possess, and that's to make myself to become invisible. Like no eyes would see me with their prejudiced minds.

"She must be lonely then."

"Yeah, right. Who would have tried approaching her knowing that her father is a known killer?"

"No wonder why everyone dislikes her."

"I know right. Good thing she's not from our class. She might do something."

Taking my steps faster, I clenched my fist in annoyance. Who are they to say that? How could they speak rudely knowing that the one they are talking about is just a meter away from them? Don't they know that I'm unintentionally hearing them?

I could feel my tears urging to fall. But before they could, a pair of hands plugged something into my ear. I touched my ears and I could feel the earphones put in there. I slightly lifted my head. I saw that pretty face he has. "Don't listen to those nonsense voices."

"Jeonghan..."

Jeonghan went behind me and held my shoulders. He lightly pushed me like telling me to continue on walking. I did so. I started taking my step while his hands are still on my shoulders, continuing pushing me gently.

I hear a song playing from the earphones Jeonghan has put in. I recognized the song and it's "Hug" by SEVENTEEN. The song is soothing and comforting.

Even though the song is continually playing in my ears, I can still hear those annoying voices from the students that are standing on the sides of the hallway. I'm not looking at them but I can feel that their eyes are on us.

"I feel bad for Jeonghan for befriending her."

"Who is she to him?"

"I wonder, too."

"They are no match."

Jeonghan's hands slightly clenched. I can feel that because his hands are still on my shoulders. I know that he's restraining himself from anger. Even so, I know that he's probably annoyed.

As we got at the edge of the hallway, Jeonghan's hands loosened its grip. He then stood next to me. "I'll bring you home."

"I'm fine, Jeonghan. You don't need to."

"I insist. You can't say no." He said, flashing a small smile. He then held me by the wrist and dragged me along with him. That gesture electrifies me. Unfamiliar butterflies start whirling in my stomach.

The two of us are walking on the sidewalk—more likely, he's walking while I'm being dragged by him. I'm trailing behind him while he's holding my wrist.

I tried calming my insides but nothing happened. What's happening to me?

"Daejin.." I heard Jeonghan called me.

"Hmm?" I responded, trying to be calm as much as I can.

"If everyone dislikes you," Jeonghan started. "then everyone is disliked by Jeonghan. No one has the right to hurt you."

That's when the first time my heart beat for Jeonghan.

[AUTHOR'S NOTE]

If you haven't read the "Don't Wanna Cry," it's better to read DWC first before this. This book "Unnoticed" is the side story of DWC but this story could still stand independently without knowing what happened in DWC so if you don't want to read the DWC, it's still fine. It's up to you. ^^

I got the idea of being judged because of having a killer father from the drama Missing You. Aww~ I miss this.

This is only a short story. Enjoy, vote, and comment.

- JhovLovesYou