Chapter 11: Punched

You guys need to thank my best friend, lol. She's reading this book too and she literally just pinched me while I was reading a book and goes, "I need something to read." And I was like, "Do you want me to start writing?" And she was like "Yes!"

So here I am, lmao, enjoy.

_____

Chapter 11: Punched

"So?" Mason questions the moment I enter the house. I look up from the my laptop screen at the same time that my Mom does.

"What?" I ask.

"What's wrong with Odeletta?" Brenda squeaks, shutting the front door.

I am not in the mood for her voice today.

"Nothing." I snap. Mom sighs, looking at me. "I don't know."

"Well let's talk about it, maybe we can figure it out." Mom suggests.

I run my hands along my face.

"She knows whoever the people are." I say. "When I found her outside, she was crying. She wouldn't tell me that she knew, but she was crying." I say. "She has to know them. She told me not to ask about it...said she doesn't have time to help me in French, we can't be friends, and then asked me to leave her alone."

"So just leave her alone." Mom says.

"I can't." I shake my head. There's no way I can leave her alone, I'm way too emotionally attached to her.

"Sure you can, it's not like you guys were ever friends. You have no attachment to her, so who cares?" Mom says.

I just look at Mom.

"Right, Nathan?" She asks.

"It's a bit more complicated than that." I say quietly.

"Well why? Do you like her?"

I like her features, but I hardly know her personality.

"It's just complicated." I say.

"What makes it complicated?" She presses. "Do you like her, Nathan? Have you kissed or something?"

"Can we not talk about me?" I sigh. "It's too complicated and I'm telling all three of you that I can't just leave her alone. Whatever it is, I think she's been dealing with it for a long time."

"Okay, so we've come to the conclusion that she knows the people." Mom decides. I already told her what happened and I'm sure Mason told Brenda.

"What has she told you about her family?" Mason asks.

I sigh.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing. Every time I even remotely mention her family, she shuts me out."

"So maybe it's her family." Brenda says.

I think back to yesterday morning, before we had sex.

She had worry lines when I asked her why she's bitter.

"She asked me not to google her." I say, confused.

"Google her?" Mason repeats. "So there's the answer."

He walks over to my laptop and goes to google, and just as her starts typing, I grab his wrist.

"What?" He demands. Mom's face is full of disapproval.

"Don't." I say. "She doesn't want us to know. She asked me not to google her."

"So?" Mason asks.