This is when Shiro and Hunk looked over at us. "Hey..." Shiro walked over to us and began rubbing Pidge's back. Hunk walked over and put his arms around Pidge and I and squished us together in a hug.

Pidge looked at me with a smile. "It will get better though, Keith. You might have a chance with the gay prince." Pidge started laughing. I could feel my face get hot again, as Hunk snickered and let go of the two of us. Shiro just shook his head smiling and sipped his coffee. This, was going to be a long night.

Lance's POV

I sighed loudly as my best friend, and assistant Matt fixed the blue tie on my tuxedo. He tied it and stepped back, "You look great... But it seems to be missing something..." he clapped his hands together and ran off, before returning moments later holding a small red rose. He tucked the small red rose into the small pocket of my tux. I sighed. "Is something that matter?" He asked, brushing me off, and making sure I looked perfect.

"I know you can't rush love, and that's exactly what my parents want me to do. Like, what if I don't find my zing? I'll have to be unhappy for the rest of my miserable life." I ranted.

"Well, I'm sure with all the people here, you'll find them." Matt replied, fixing my hair.

"But what if it's not a girl?" I breathed.

He stopped fixing my hair and went silent. "Lance," he began, I winced at what he could say. "Are you telling me your gay?"

"I- um... I don't- I don't know." I stuttered.

"Well, is there someone you have in mind?" He asked, starting to fix my hair again.

"Well, there is this one guy... But I don't know him that well, but I really like what I do know..." I gushed.

"What's his name?" He asked, walking around to the front of me.

"K-Keith." I choked out.

"Keith... Is he coming to the ball tonight?"

"Y-yes."

"What does he look like?"

"He has the most gorgeous violet eyes, he has a black mullet and I bet it would be super soft-"

"Wait. That's the boy in the picture on your nightstand, isn't it?" He asked turning around and looking at the photo.

"Yeah..."

"He is quite cute." Matt laughed.

"Hey!" I chuckled along with him.

"Well, tonight is the perfect night to get to know him."

"I mean. I guess." I huffed.

The door swung open and Lanny walked in. "Lance. Mother says the ball will start in one hour and she wants to see you down downstairs now." With that she disappeared from the door.

I looked at Matt who gave me a small smile. "Go get him." He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face, and walked to and out the door. I made my way down stairs, and towards the large wooden door of our thrown room. I knocked on the door, knowing that if I had walked in, I would have gotten scolded for being 'impolite'. I heard my father's voice from the other side call for me to enter. I pushed open the large door. Walking in and down the red carpet to where my father sat. I slightly bowed to him as he began to speak.

"Lance. My son, as you know, tonight is the ball. I don't want you to spend all your time with one lady. I want to see you dance with plenty."

"But father, how will I get to know one well enough to be able to marry her?" I asked.