Chapter3

-unedited
-tl: myu

少年是被凌乱的脚步声惊醒的。
  干燥的树叶被踩碎的沙沙声在这个死寂的树林里显得极为突兀。
The youth was stirred awake by the messy sound of footsteps.
The crunching sound of dry leaves being stepped on in the silent forest was extremely abrupt.

  猛地睁开眼睛,少年稚嫩的面容充斥着警惕的神色,等到昨晚的记忆涌上脑海,少年的神经更加的紧绷了。
  出于本能,他觉得下面的人会对他产生威胁。
Suddenly opening his eyes, the youth's tender facial features was filled with an expression of vigilance, and after last night's memories poured into his brains, the youth's mental state got even more tensioned.
Instinctively, he felt that the people beneath him would cause him harm.

  "你昨天看见那个吸血鬼逃进这里了?"树下不远处响起人声,苍老的声音显得肃穆。
"You saw the bloodsucker escape to this place yesterday?" A human voice resounded not too far from the tree, the hoarse voice seemingly solemn.

  少年微微压低脊背,透过茂密树叶的缝隙看,树下果然有四个穿黑袍的男人并肩站着,他们身后还有个拘谨的男人,是那个跑掉的守墓人。
The youth bent down slightly, looking through the crevice of dense foliage (??) , sure enough, there were four males in black robes standing shoulder to shoulder, behind them was also an overly cautious male, who was the gravekeeper who ran away.

  "那倒没有,不过这附近只有这片树林......"
  守墓人结巴的解释,在看到教会牧师脸上的漠然后,神色更加焦急。
  "你们不相信?我同伴脖子上的牙印你们也看到了,还有那只加纳利的死相你们也看见了!正常人能拧断那么粗的脖子吗?"
"No, but there is only this forest nearby....."
The gravekeeper stammered to explain, but then looking at the Clergyman's indifferent expression, got even more anxious.
"You people do not believe me? The teeth marking on my companion's neck, you people saw it, you people have also seen the dying figure of the canary! Can a normal human actually break off such a thick neck?"

  年轻牧师四下看了几眼,视线甚至扫过了少年藏身的密叶,只是少年躲避在树冠的阴影处,光线极暗,牧师并没有看见他。
  "树林里都找了好几圈了,哪有吸血鬼?即便是有,现在都快五点了,说不定已经跑进城了,我们还是联络一下伦敦的教会吧。"
  少年的视力好的出奇,虽然隔着十几米的距离,但是那牧师脸上一闪而过的轻视还是落在了他的眼里。
The clergyman looked around a couple of times, his line of sight even sweeping past the foliage the youth was hiding in, but due to the youth hiding behind the shadow of a tree, in addition the the dark environment, the clergyman did not spot him.
"We already searched around the forest quite a few times, where's the bloodsucker? Even if there is, it's already nearly 5 (am or pm not specified, but most likely morning?) , perhaps it ran into the city, I think we should contact the church in London."
The youth's eyesight was extraordinarily good, although there was distance of more than ten meters, he could still see the belittling look that flashed past the Clergyman's face.

  "那......这......"
  守墓人显然被问住了,这这那那了半天没说出话。
  是啊,一晚上的时间,吸血鬼哪还会留在这?
"That...... This......"
The gravekeeper seemed stunned, no words came out from his mouth for a long time.

  "回去吧。"领头的老牧师沉吟了一会,率先作出决定。
  "不行,万一他又回来了呢?他把我的同伴当做了血奴!"守墓人一愣,恐慌的尖叫,手指不安的搓着。
  年轻牧师挑了挑眉头,轻蔑的嗤笑了一声"你还可以把你的同伴推出去,懦夫。"
  守墓人脸一红,反对的话却再也说不出来了。
"Go back ba." The old clergyman leading muttered to himself, and made the decision.
"No, what if he comes back again? He treated my companion as his blood slave!" The gravekeeper was dumbfounded, shrieked in panic, fearlessly rubbing his hands.
The young gravekeeper raised his eyebrows and sneered in disdain "You could still offer your companion, you coward."
The face of the gravekeeper turned red, unable to retort(?).

  少年一动不动趴伏在黑暗中,听着枯叶被踩碎的沙沙声越来越远,紧绷的神经缓缓放松下来--
The youth lied flat on his tummy unmovingly in the dark. Hearing the sound of the crunching leaves going further and further, his tense feeling slowly relaxed--

  将抠着树皮的手指抽出,少年一愣。
  转动了几下隐在袖口里的纤细手腕,满脸不解的微微歪头......这是愈合了?
  抬手摸了摸脸颊,触感滑腻,细长的伤口也不见了踪迹--
  昨晚失去意识后的记忆是空白的,发生了什么他猜不到。如果不是白袖口上干涸的血迹,他甚至都怀疑自己从来没受过伤。
Retracting his fingers that were digging into tree bark, the youth became dumbfounded.
The slender wrists hidden by the cuffs of his sleeves rotated a few rounds, tilting his head with a confused expression...... Has it healed?
Raising his hands to touch his face, felt like satin, and all traces of the long cut disappeared--
The memories of last night when he lost control were all blank, and he couldn't guess what happened last night. If not for the dry bloodstain on his cuffs, he would even suspect that he has never ever gotten injured before.

  身体有些发麻,少年起身的动作很小心。在他靠上树干的时候,一块冰凉尖锐的东西贴上了他胸口的皮肤。
  被冰凉的触感刺的僵硬了一下身体,少年伸手解开扣在脖颈处的那粒的纽扣,从里头扯出了一条银白色的链子。
  链子的样式并不华丽,却显得古朴精致。
  但少年的蔚蓝的眼睛却紧紧胶着在链子的尽头,那里坠着一块同样蔚蓝的宝石,宝石被切割的很细致,是棱角分明的蛇形。
  宝石上用细长精致的字体刻着三个字母--Asa
Due to his slightly numb body, the youth's actions were careful. When he leaned onto a tree (trunk), an ice cold, sharp object stuck onto his bare chest.
His body froze at the touch of the ice cold object, his hands raised up to undo the button on his neck, and pulled out a silvery white chain from inside.
The chain was by no means extravagant, but looked simply sophisticated.
But the youth's azure eyes locked onto the end of the necklace, a gemstone of the same azure was hanging there, the gemstone was meticulously cut, it was a snakelike figure with distinct edges.
The gemstone had the three letters carved in fine and delicate font -- ASA

  "亚撒"
  少年的声带也不知停用了多少年,沙哑异常却拖着粘腻的鼻音。
  "上帝的赐予--"
  少年呢喃出声,瞳孔茫然空洞,这上面并没有这几个字,但他为什么会想到这个呢?
  亚撒?他的名字吗?
  亚撒--
  可为什么这么陌生呢?
"Asa"
Don't know how long has it been since he had last used his voice, it was particularly hoarse but had a sticky nasal sound. (?)
"God's bestowal--"
The youth murmured, his pupils vacant and empty. Those were not the words written on top, but why did he think of this?
Asa? Is that his name?
Asa--
But why is it so unfamiliar?

  少年面无表情的与宝石上的蛇眼对视了一会,缓缓将它塞进了衣领,微仰下巴系上了最上面的那粒扣子。
  不论是不是他的名字,他都不在乎,只是个称呼而已。反正--
  他都不记得了。
The Youth expressionlessly stared at the snake eye for a moment, slowly stuffed the necklace into his shirt, raised his chin slightly to fasten the topmost button.
Whether or not it was his name, he didn't care, it was only a name. Anyway--
He can't remember anymore.

  微微敛下心底的失落,亚撒开始思考自己该去哪,城市吗?可那里有他的家吗?
  记忆空白一片,无处容身的失落感影响了少年的情绪。
  刚刚那几人说,伦敦?是附近的城市吗?
  但即便是城市,那也不会有他能容身的地方......
Holding back the feeling of abandonment deep inside, Asa began pondering over where he should go, the city? But is there a home for him there?
Memory a blank slate, the sense of loss over where to hide affected the youth's feelings.
Just now those few people said, London? Is it a city nearby?
But even if it was a city, there wouldn't be a place he could easily settle down in.

  亚撒微垂的脑袋往上抬了抬,耳朵却突然听见远处传来的沙沙声,隔得很远却异常清晰。
  心中警惕,亚撒趴下身子紧紧贴在树枝上,眯起眼睛压低了呼吸。
Asa's pounding head raised slightly, hearing the sound of *sha sha* coming from afar, a long distance away yet the sound strangely distinct.
Mind vigilant, Asa leaned down, body pressing tightly on the branch, narrowed his eyes and lowered his breathing.

  树叶遮挡了亚撒的身影,也遮挡了他的视野,他只能靠听觉分辨来人的人数与位置。
  "沙,沙,沙"来人的步调缓慢,节奏清晰且单一。
  亚撒悄悄放松了紧绷着的脊背,一个人,他应该能应付......吧?
The leaves blocked Asa's body, and also blocked his field of vision, so he could only depend on his hearing to differentiate the number of people and their positions.
"Sha, sha, sha" the footsteps of the people were extremely slow, distinct and as one.
Asa secretly relaxed his tense back, one person, he can probably take care...... ba?

  脚步声停在树下,亚撒并没有因为声音的消失而贸然探头,静静的趴伏在树上,他的呼吸越来越缓慢。
  亚撒努力的伸长脖子,却始终没看清楚来人的面容,那人停下的位置很刁钻,身体刚好被密集的树叶遮蔽。
Footsteps stopping under the tree, Asa did not rashly crane his neck although the sound disappeared, quietly lied on the tree, his breathing slowing down even further.
Asa tried to stretch his neck, but in the end was unable to see the facial features of the person who came, the person's position was cunning, his body was coincidentally hidden from view by the dense foliage.

  来人到底是谁?刚刚那五个人里的其中一个吗?
  想到那个与他视线撞在一起的黑袍牧师,亚撒的眉头皱了起来,难道那人看到他了?
  瞳孔晦暗不明,亚撒的下唇被尖锐的牙顶的下翻,防备的盯着树叶夹缝。
Who exactly is that person? Is it someone from the group of five from just now?
Thinking of the black robed clergyman who crossed sight with him, Asa furrowed his brows. Could it be that he was spotted by him?
His pupils gloomy with a lack of understanding, Asa's bottom lip was pierced by the sharp fang(???), precautiously glaring at the gap between the leaves.