Chapter 3

Picture on the side is of the Band once again, and the song is 'My Immortal' by Evanescence :D

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3

“Calm down, Zo!” I shouted at my best friend as she ran around in our room back stage, attempting to make everything ‘perfect’ in a flustered state.

This was how she always got before a gig, shrouding her nervousness with an obsessive need to run around to double, then triple, check everything was set up right, and no amount of reassurance that everything was as it should be calmed her down.

But with the last contestant before us only minutes away from finishing up his performance, I had to get her under control and ready.

“Calm down? Calm down!” She all but screamed in my face while she stood on her toes to meet my eyes directly. “Just be glad I have utter respect for my Alpha because the things that will come out of my mouth right now…”

Stacey and I exchanged an exasperated look before I grabbed her shoulders just as she was about to go into another frenzy and shook her as hard as I could in my normal way in getting her to snap out of it. Her head tipped back and forward until I stopped and just gently held her in my arms while she calmed down.

I could tell by having her in my arms she cooled down slightly. She would have been better if Matt had been in here, but of course he and Leon weren’t going to get changed in the same room as us. I pulled away slightly so I could look into her large chocolate eyes and make sure my words soothed her.

“Do you trust me?” I asked her. She nodded almost straight away. “Then do you really think I will let you suck out there?”

She sighed and shook her head, making me do a victory dance in my head at how easy that one was. Normally I had to try other tactics…

I smiled indulgently at her and kissed her cheek just as someone knocked on the door. All three of us quickly put on our robes to cover our dresses before shouting, “Come in!”

Dad and two other men came in, but stopped short as they looked at Zoey and Stacey politely, obviously not wanting to talk in front of my fellow band members.

“Um guys, why don’t you go find Matt and Leon and tell them I will meet you guys when our time to go on stage comes up.” I said without looking at them, too busy staring at Dad and wondering what was going on.

Stacey and Zoey immediately nodded and went out of the door quickly knowing instantly something important was up.

My father stepped further inside with the two strangers, my eyes instinctively taking in the fact that the older male moved in step with my father rather than behind him as was custom when lower ranking wolves were with an Alpha male or female.

That was when it all clicked together. They were from the Moon Pack.

Then I cringed mentally. Well duh! They obviously weren’t from my pack, and no other werewolf packs were invited.

I looked toward the eldest one, and almost immediately recognised him as the Alpha of the Moon Pack. The Alpha was a large man, though slightly shorter than my dad, and was well built as was the custom for male wolves. The only signs of aging were in the form of the small grey strands that decorated his short chocolate coloured hair and the worry lines that marked his face.

Dad cleared his throat and I realised that I had been just standing like an idiot and staring at the Alpha whilst in deep thought, totally being rude.