Chapter 27

Recap:  we had a voting poll last chapter and majority of you guys decided that Eunbyul will CALL Areum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My finger hovers over the contact name as I hesitantly click call. I shiver as I put the phone up to my hear. I was only wearing a thin black shirt and it was almost 6°C (42.8°F).

Areum POV

I was fast asleep until my phone started ringing. I lazily get up and grab my phone.

12:07am.

Who calls this late? Apparently Eunbyul does.

I hesitantly click answer.

"Hello?"

"Areum.. I can't take this anymore. I want it to all end. Please help me."

I hear choked sobs from the other line.

"Eunbyul?" I immediately get out from my bed.

"Eunbyul, where are you? Are you okay?"

Even though she caused me a lot of trouble, I couldn't leave her alone when she's on a state like that. I had to get her to help her through what she was going through.

"P-park near river"  I hear before I hear the line got cut off.

"Oh god."

I get dressed and rush out, running towards the park. I mean, there are bunch of parks here but it looks like I'll have to go to every single one of them until I find her.

I start running and running around the city to every single park with a river. Panting, I stop for a breath until I hear crying. I listen closer and walk towards the sound. I see Eunbyul bawling her eyes out as the water splashes on her feet. I go up and sit beside her, still panting slightly.

"Is everthing okay?"

Eunbyul looks at me, her eyes completely puffy and bloodshot.

"Eunbyul?" I frown and pull her into a hug.

"Whatever is happening to you right now, it will get better. I'm here for you no matter what. That's what friends are for." I pat her back.

She starts sobbing a little more harder than before.

I rest my head on top of her head as she sobs into my chest.

Minutes pass, and Eunbyul stops crying. 

She sits up after crying. She sniffles.

"Areum... I'm really sorry for everything."

I pat her back.

"What's wrong? Is it about you sending a message to Jungkook?"

She grabs her backpack and pulls out a stack of cash.

I look in shock at the amount of money she is holding. She hands it to me.

"Here, take this." She holds out the money for me.

"I-i can't. Why are you giving me so much money?"

"You see Areum, my dad, who I absolutely hate, has been making me steal things from you. Remember when I always got new stuff? It was the money I got from stealing your things. My dad took most but he always gave me a bit. I never wanted to steal from you but my dad forces me too. He's a drug dealer and makes me deliver his packages at night. That's why you're out here talking to me so late. I just wanted to fit in with everyone. I didn't want them to them to think I was poor. I was afraid. So I bought myself nice stuff and stole your clothes. I've decided to sell everything and give it all back to you. So here you go. You don't have to be my friend anymore. I understand how you feel but just please take this money."

She looks down in shame, with tears rolling down her face.

I shakily take the money and skim through it. More than $15,000 dollars. I put it in my bag.

Another voting chapter! You can vote as many times as you want. Also when I mean this, I mean as in your actual physical comment. Not '+10838276' because then number get too high. So like, just spam that line. Please comment on the line you want to vote for.

《Areum forgives and helps Eunbyul》

《Areum takes the money and never talks to Eunbyul again》

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can we talk about how this story has 100k reads?

Holy guacamole. 🥑

Can you believe that? I sure can't.

How did you guys even manage to read this? Lmao.

Do you guys want like a 100k special chapter? Comment on this line any requests. It will kinda be like a one shot.

Were you an old reader from back then? Or a new reader who just discovered this story? I'm curious. 😊

Thank you all for reading this. I really appreciate it. I never thought I would ever get to this milestone.

I remember when I got 1k reads and now I have 100k. 😊❤💕💓💗💖💚💙💛💜💝💟💞❣💌😭😢

Thank you from the bottom of my toes, to the top of my head.

Thank you. 💜

Also this story will be ending soon. Sorry to burst your bubble. 😅

Also, Hansol leaving SM??  😢😭

But really thank you for 100k. ❤