Our Fault

Wally skidded to a stop, having arrived at the watchtower. The speedster scanned the room. M'gann sat besides Artemis on one of the couches, Conner and Kaldur sitting in two other chairs.

"Everyone's here. Great!" The speedster started off, his voice cheerful. M'gann had a questioning look n her face.

"Why are we here?" She asked. Maybe he wanted to get together to just hang out after being gone for such a long time? Why at the Watchtower?

"Why are we here?" Wally repeated, his voice less cheerful. "we're here because we need to talk."

"About?" Conner questioned.

"Nightwing." This response caused the other heroes, besides Kaldur and Artemis to groan or roll their eyes.

"You want to talk about Nightwing? The person who lied to all of us?" Conner scoffed. ''I've got better things to do.'' He began to stand.

"Like what?" Artemis challenged. ''Sit down, Conner." she said, seriously. Conner, having heard the tone in her voice sat.

"That.' Wally started. "The way you guys just assume the worst is why we're here. Nightwing, one of the original three. One of those who created all of this, is being treated this why. Why? because he made a mistake?''

"A mistake?" M'gann replied. "He lied to all of us."

"He was doing what he thought was right." Wally countered.

"It wasn't." Conner objected.

"If it wasn't for him, you wouldn't be here, Conner!" Wally spoke, his voice slightly laced with anger.

"I didn't have Artemis gather everyone here to fight. Nightwing has been going through a rough time. And, he believes everything is his fault. That's led him to physically harm himself."

"Nightwing's been.." Artemis' voice trailed off, Wally only nodding.

"And we're all part of the reason he's been hurting himself.'' M'gann concluded, as everyone took a moment to look at each other.