Chapter Nineteen - Wedding day

*💍*

"I, Alessandro Lazzaro, take you Arabella Knight, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.

But it wasn't him. The man who was standing in front of me and saying his vows wasn't Alessandro.

***

Few hours earlier

Arabella's POV:

"Sweetheart, come on wake up we still have a lot of things ahead of us." It's been like this since an hour. Clement's mom is trying to wake me up to get ready for my "big day". Ugh.

"Fine!" I stood up from the bed and made my way to the bathroom. "I let the maids prepare you a rose bath. Get in and relax until the hairdresser and the makeup artist comes to make you ready." Without saying a word I stripped from my clothes after closing the door behind me and got in the huge bathtub.

I closed my eyes and tried to ignore the voices coming from my room. How I wish I was getting ready for Alessandro instead of Clement. Maybe if Clement was a good guy it wouldn't have been this hard but he's not. I don't know what's coming for me, I don't if he'll continue to treat me this way after our marriage.

I feel like my life is going to end today, I feel like I won't be the same anymore. Not just my last name will change but my intire life. I will be the wife of Clement Maxwell and soon the mother of his children, I will have to forget all my dreams, my family and my love.

Just the thought of trying to forget Alessandro pains my heart because I know no matter how much I'll try it won't work.

"Arabella, hurry up the staff is here!"

***

Alessandro's POV:

"Everything is set, boss!" Dante informed me. Today I will get my angel back. "Please, be careful, I don't want my daughter to get hurt." Arabella's mom pleaded. "Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to her." I assured her. "You're exactly like your father." I froze after I heard the word "father". How does she know him? "Maybe it's not the right time to tell you that, but me and your father Salvatore Lazzaro were once lovers and I couldn't help but point out how much you resemble him, not just by the looks but by the personality too." I was shocked. I didn't know what to say.

Maybe she doesn't know that, but she was one of the reasons why my father hated my mom. She always knew that he loved someone else but she didn't say much because of me. And that's why he didn't care much when she died. I hate him and I always hated the woman behind my broken family and now she's in front of me. The mother of the girl I love.

"Son?" Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "Don't you dare call me that again!" I spat at her with hate and disgust evident in my voice. She looked taken aback. "I'm sorry!" She looked down at her feet. "If it weren't for Arabella, I would have killed you!" I was angry, angry at myself because I'm helping the woman who caused pain on my mother. "Alessandro, after I married, Salvatore married too and we never talked to each other ever again. Yes, I continued to love him but I swear we never met again." "But he still hated my mom because of you! Hell, he didn't even care when she died, he didn't take revenge on the murderer. I was left alone without a mother or father, I didn't have anyone. The bastard left his 10 years old son and went to continue his life without us. He could have saved her but he did nothing. He let them kidnap us and torture us. They killed her and he didn't give a fuck about it. That was his chance to get rid of her and that all happened because of you.

I don't care if you know nothing about it. For me you are the one to blame for my mothers death and my shitty childhood." I can't describe how angry I was.

"I'm sorry he did that to you and I'm sorry for your mother's death." She took my hand in hers. "Your sorry won't bring my mother back."
I ripped my hand from her hold and stood up from my place. "It's time to get moved. I don't wanna be late for my Arabella." With that said I walked out of the room and closed the door behind me.

She should have kept quiet. She shouldn't have told me. The only thing she caused me is pain. Now that I found who killed my mother and took revenge on him, I just want to be happy and forget my cruel past. I want Arabella with me and nothing else.

***

Arabella's POV:

I was standing in front of the mirror looking at my reflection. The girl in the mirror wearing a white dress was nothing like me. The sparkling in her eyes is gone, her lips aren't curled in a smile, the redness that once covered her cheeks was gone too. She looked pale and devastated. It wasn't me.

"You look breathtaking, sweetheart!" Clement's mom complemented me. "Thank you!" "Let's go they're waiting for us." She grabbed my arm to help me walk down the stairs.

"I will go now, sweetheart." She whispered while handing me to my so called father and went out to where the others are waiting for me to come.
"You better behave yourself, Arabella." My father warned me before we started walking down the aisle. His grip on my arm was harsh, like he was afraid that I would run away. I didn't want to look up, so I kept my gaze down to my white pumps but then my father stopped walking and I realized that we made it to the wedding arch. "Here is your bride, Mr Maxwell." He said before handing me to Clement.

"Shall we start?" The priest asked, which Clement nodded to.

"Repeat after me, my son!" The priest said.

"I, Clement Maxwell, take you Arabella Knight, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.

"Now your turn!" The priest looked at me.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. As I wanted to open my mouth to say my vows I heard gunshots being fired in the air and people shouting. "Get down!" Clement shouted before I felt someone holding something to my nose and mouth from behind. "Shh, it's me, angel!" A familiar voice whispered in my ear before everything went black and the noises disappeared.

Alessandro.

***

End of chapter 19.

So, Arabella's mom is Alessandro's fathers former lover and Alessandro came for Arabella.😏

I'm so happy that my story is getting so many reads everyday. Thank you💖

Don't forget to vote🔥

Love you❤️