Chapter Sixteen: Speak

bout fucking time I update I stg
--
Yoongi was shaking.

His heart was beating quicker than normal and his hands were trembling as he took a deep breath. He attempted to calm himself down because Hoseok was sitting right beside him and could surely feel him quaking, but it was hard. It was if his throat closed up, begging him to keep the words back.

There were so many reasons why. He was scared that Hoseok would leave him, he was ashamed for barely being able to save himself, he felt stupid for not protecting himself sooner. It could have all been avoided if he had walked out the moment he smelled the alcohol, but he didn't and he felt like such an idiot for doing so.

Jungkook had assured him that it wasn't his fault in anyway, but it was so hard to convince his mind that was true.

"Yoongi, I need you to talk to me." Hoseok's voice was soft, his hands gently taking hold of Yoongi's. "Whatever's the matter, I won't be mad at you, alright?"

Yoongi hesitantly nodded, squeezing his boyfriend's hand as he geared himself up to speak.

"You know my roommate at bighit?" He asked softly, heart pounding in his chest as he refused to look into Hoseok's eyes. The younger hummed in response, rubbing soothing circles against Yoongi's palm.

"Taesung?" Yoongi visibly flinched at the name, but nodded nonetheless.

"He's always tried to make advances on me." Yoongi sighed, ashamed that he hadn't told Hoseok sooner. "I've always told him 'no, I have a boyfriend' but he never listens. He still tries and the fact that we share a room makes it even worse." His bottom lip quivered. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

Hoseok shook his head, sliding even closer and wrapping one of his arms around Yoongi's waist.

"Don't be sorry." Hoseok spoke sweetly, pulling Yoongi closer to him still. "Is that all you needed to tell me?"

Yoongi hesitated before shaking his head.

"I came back from dance practice yesterday, and he was obviously drunk." He continued, eyes watering as he recounted the experience. "I should've known Hoseok, I should've known that it wasn't going to end well."

He felt Hoseok tense up, the younger silent as he waited for Yoongi to continue. Yoongi unravelled the scarf that he had been wearing throughout the entire conversation, listening to Hoseok gasp softly as he lay his eyes on the marks that stood out against his boyfriend's skin.

"He wouldn't let me go." Yoongi's voice cracked halfway through his sentence, and as did Hoseok's heart. "He wouldn't stop touching me and his hands and mouth were everywhere. I hated it Hoseok, I hated it so much." He didn't even realize he was crying until he saw tears drip down onto his jeans. "I... I got him off of me before he could do anything too horrible, but I was so fucking scared."

Hoseok was silent for a few moments after that, which scared him even more. "I'm sorry." His bottom lip wobbled. "I'm so sorry"

"Sorry for what?" Hoseok asked, thumb smoothing across the marks on Yoongi's neck as gently as possible. "What could you possibly be apologizing for in this situation, Yoongi?"

"That I couldn't protect myself?" Yoongi offered, Hoseok's soft touch calming him slightly. "That I let somebody other than you touch me like that?"

"Yoongi." Hoseok's tone of voice was both firm and gentle at the same time, a sense of safeness washing over Yoongi due to him simply speaking. "Although I'm not..." he paused, Yoongi studying the hard expression on his face. "Happy about the fact that somebody other than me touched you, I'm more mad about the fact that he tried to take advantage of you and force you into things that you didn't want."

Hoseok sighed, seeming to attempt to calm himself down. "You don't have anything to apologize for because you did nothing wrong. You shouldn't be sorry for not being able to protect yourself because you shouldn't have to worry about that! There is only one person at fault here, and it's Taesung."

"I don't want to go back." Yoongi mumbled, folding his hands in his lap and looking down at them. "He's still my roommate, I don't know how I'm going to be able to sleep in the same room with him without worrying the entire night. I don't know how I'm going to look at him and not..." He shuddered. "Not think about what he did to me."

"Don't let Taesung be the reason you give up on your dreams." Hoseok spoke. "Couldn't you report him to one of the higher ups?"

"Who's going to believe me?" Yoongi laughed sadly. "You know how they think about gay people, something like this isn't something that they would want to risk getting out to the public. " He sighed. "I guess I'll just have to live with it, because I don't seem to have any other choices."

"Can you request to change roommates?" Hoseok asked, Yoongi shrugging.

"Then I'll most likely have to give a reason as to why I want to, and I don't know how I'd come up with a solid explanation for that." Hoseok's hand had moved into his hair, scratching against his scalp soothingly, just how Yoongi had always liked.

"Couldn't you-" he was quickly cut off by Yoongi.

"You're overestimating the amount of power I have over there." Yoongi sighed. "I'm just going to have to accept it, won't I?"

"You shouldn't have to." Hoseok countered, Yoongi shrugging his shoulders sadly.

"But I still will, won't I?"

--