Chapter 20

Justine (Six months Later. . .)

The day before our wedding, Cecilia took me, Megan, Avalon, and Liliana for a day of beauty.  All of her girls. . . .

We were pampered from head to toe. We had mani/pedi's and the works.

She sipped a glass of champagne. "I just want to say how much I love you all, and I'm so thankful that my sons chose you for their wives. They are so much wiser than their mother." Cecilia began to cry.

We all got up and hugged her and wiped her tears away.

"It's okay Grandma, don't cry." Liliana wrapped her little arms around her grandma so tenderly.

"I just wanted to apologize again Avalon, for my actions against you in particular. It's how I was raised by my mother and her mother before her—It was unthinkable to marry outside of our Socialite circle. It just wasn't done." She placed her hand on Avalon's face, and met her hazel eyes in a heartfelt apology.

"I have truly forgiven you. I put myself in your place and I understand, Mom." Avalon burst into tears and wept in an embrace from Cecilia.

We all dissolved into tears and were so thankful for this woman giving birth to three amazing sons.

After we dried our eyes, Cecilia handed us each a box with a bow. "I got these gifts for all of my daughters and my granddaughter, as a small token of my love for you."

We opened the boxes and they each contained a gold heart shaped locket with our names and wedding dates engraved on the back.

"That is the date that each one of you officially became my daughter, and granddaughter." She smiled proudly and held her arms open to embrace us all in a group hug. She went out of her way to do something so special. We all appreciated our lockets and her willingness to change and break the cycle she had grown up with. That took great humility.

We had the owner of the salon take our pictures with our cellphones. It was truly a memorable day, before my wedding day.

Justine (Wedding Day)

Brandon and I had a beautiful wedding and reception at Tavern On The Green, in New York City. That venue had a special meaning for us, because of its breathtaking views of Central Park.  It seemed so fitting since we were engaged on a carriage ride here six months ago.

My sister, Megan, and Avalon were my matrons of honor. Chance and Alex were both, Brandon's best men. His big brothers were his best friends. My favorite niece, Liliana, was a flower girl for the third and final time. She said, she was done being a flower girl after this. We all laughed about that. But we know she had to be thrilled, that she was in all three of our weddings.

My brother, Max, came to our wedding with his wife and their two children. It was amazing sharing this special day with my siblings . . . we had been apart for most of our lives. It was truly an unexpected gift to be reunited with our brother.

I had to keep reapplying my makeup. I've never cried so many happy tears in my life.

Brandon, made me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world when he saw me walking down the aisle. The look of being awestruck by him made me not able to concentrate on walking. I've never had anyone look at me like that.