Original Edition: Chapter 12

"Why would I be jealous?"

ADRIAN AND I WERE ON OUR WAY BACK TO THE PALACE with Scarlet, Joseph, and Brad walking right behind me when I saw Vladimir

ADRIAN AND I WERE ON OUR WAY BACK TO THE PALACE with Scarlet, Joseph, and Brad walking right behind me when I saw Vladimir. He was wearing a black tuxedo with a white shirt underneath. I must admit he cleaned up pretty well and actually looked like a lawyer. He looked hot. Well, he always looked hot with or without clothes but this gave him the sexy CEO edge.

I ran to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He chuckled and said, "Hey there, baby girl." I smiled and was about to kiss him when I noticed several pairs of eyes looking at us. We were in a public place after all. Shit. Perhaps later, I unwrapped my arms but his hand caught mine and he entwined his fingers with mine. I knew at this point I was grinning like an idiot.

"Hey, man!" I turned to see Adrian's lips formed into a weird smile. Shit. I didn't realize that I was still with him and went on to hug Vlad.

Vlad offered the younger man a genuine smile. "Adrian! What're you up to?"

"I was just accompanying Montgomery here for early lunch," said Adrian as he walked closer. Scarlet, Brad, and Joseph were already on guard duty, making the onlookers wonder what the hell was going on. I still hated the fact that I had three tails.

I rolled my eyes at Adrian. "Yeah, right. After puking his guts out on my bed, he finally has the decency to pay for the meal." I regretted the instant I mentioned my bed in the conversation. But one look at Vladimir confirmed that he was a man and not a boy. There was no jealousy whatsoever on his face, in fact, he looked a little bit amused.

Why would I be jealous when I can read your mind, silly? [V] My head jerked up and I could see he was trying to hide his smile.

To Adrian, he shook his head. "Got yourself drunk again?" Adrian's face looked like he was about to ask how on earth Vlad knew that but Vlad quickly added, "I could smell vodka even from here."

The confusion was replaced with relief as Adrian burst into laughter and put both of his hands up. "Guilty." He lowered his hands and stuck them into his front pockets. "I'm afraid I'm not a big fan of rejection."

"Well, who is, duh." I punched his arm lightly. Vladimir's reaction was a little different as he leaned forward and asked him in a serious tone, "What's wrong? Is it Norman?"

Adrian looked confused. "What's my father got to do with any of this?" I watched Vlad blink a few times before shaking his head. "Anyway, it's Renata. Apparently, she found herself a boyfriend." He frowned when he said the last word.

"Ouch," I patted the same spot I'd punched earlier and gave him a comforting smile.

"Sorry about that, man." For some unknown reason, Vlad looked happy that it was about Renata and not about Adrian's dad, Norman Ambrosia. I reminded myself to ask about that when we were alone later.

"Nah, I'm good." Adrian shrugged it off as if it wasn't a big deal. "Why are you all dressed up, by the way?" Typical Adrian to change the subject but this time his reason was justified.

"I have a trial to attend to," Vlad turned and shifted his gaze to me. "I want to see you first before I go."

"Wait, what?" I didn't like this at all since we were barely seeing each other these days. And me being a prisoner didn't help. Having a bond was useful but it didn't help maintain a relationship. I needed him. There were so many things that I wanted to tell him. About Lady Isabelle and what Queen Rhea had told me last night.

Vlad looked apologetic. He squeezed my hand as he said, "I'm really sorry, love. But there's no way I can stay. I have to be in the trial and win this case."

I remembered what he had told me before, about people who were tricked by the insurance company and weren't able to claim their insurance. I knew they needed him.

But, can I be selfish for this one time only and ask him to stay?

Please don't ask me to stay, Mila. You know I really have to go and if you ask me, I really would stay. But those people need me. Believe me, it's hard for me as it is for you. [V]

I let out a deep sigh and nodded. Standing on the tip of my toes to meet our difference in heights, I put my hands on the sides of his face and kissed him wholeheartedly. I kissed him as if it was the only thing to keep me sane.

I could feel his lips hardened as he was probably aware that we had audiences but I didn't care and I wanted him not to care either. At last, he groaned and took my lips with the same eagerness. His hands on my waists were pulling me closer until our bodies met.

When we finally let go, we were both panting. That was one hell of a kiss.

I'm going to miss you so damn much. [V] His dark green eyes looked at me with so much intensity as his mind sent me his unspoken words.

And I'm going to miss you too. Come back soon.

I will, Mila. I will. [V]

With that, he kissed on top of my head and turned around to his Benz, which I just noticed was parked nearby. He muttered his goodbye to Adrian and the others but I didn't hear a thing as my mind went completely blank. Nothing was there but the fact that these next few days would suck without him.

Watching the Benz pull away and roared as it hit the road, I heavily sighed.

"Hey, he won't be gone for long!" I turned and smiled at Adrian, knowing he was right. It was probably going to be a few days and before I knew it, Vlad would come back.

"I know."

Now that Vladimir was someone I loved so much, I began to worry that I might lose him. What Queen Rhea had told me last night was still fresh in my memory. Just as fresh as Bryan's car accident and other horrible things that happen to me. I wished nothing would happen to Vladimir. That he wouldn't be harmed.

But sometimes wishes don't come true.

* * *

Don't forget to vote if you like what you read and can't wait for the update :)

Don't forget to vote to make me smile :)

Our book is #124 on Science Fiction thanks to all of your votes, comments, and generous support!! <3

So don't you worry your pretty little mind,
People throw rocks at things that shine,
And life makes love look hard,
The stakes are high,
The waters rough,
But this book is ours

Special thanks to Demonique666; storybookeater1357; drivendelinquents; sugar123sweet; Bookfeds_911; beautiful_mess98; pschobookgirl and KrissyAsh who keep on reading despite the fact that this book isn't popular and I update it randomly </3

Seriously, THANK YOU!!! You're the very reason I keep on writing <3