Chapter 5: Abuse

(SHORT CHAPTER!)

Kendrick's POV

7:00 PM

"STOP! STOP! PLEASE! KENDRICK GET OFF HIM!" I heard my mom yell.

I ignored her as I had my hand tight around James neck on the ground. My jaws were clenched so tight, it felt like it was stuck.
My mom jumped on top of me and started hitting me.

"KENDRICK! CUT IT OUT!" She yelled trying to pull my hand that was around his neck off.

I punched him in his jaw with my free hand and blood spat everywhere. Then finally I decided to let go and looked at my mom.

"You can't be serious? This nigga is fucking hitting you and your trying to save him! What the hell is wrong with you!" I yelled at my mom. I hate cursing at my mom, but I'm just filled with anger, I honestly don't give a fuck at this point.

She's ignoring me, I finally realized. She's trying to comfort him and pretends that I'm not even there. I pulled out my phone to call Ky. The phone began to ran and I walked upstairs to my room.

"Hello," she said.

"Hey uh, is your mom home?" I asked.

"No. She's out of town, remember? Why? Something wrong?" She asked. I'm pretty sure she heard it in my voice that something wasn't okay.

"Yea um, Can I come over for the night? If I stay here tonight I'm pretty sure I might kill this nigga," I said rubbing my face.

"Of course, I'll leave the back door open," she said.

"Okay, I'll be there in 10 minutes," I told her then hung up. I started to pack a few things ready to get out this house.

I grabbed everything I needed and went downstairs to get my car keys. I seen my mom in the kitchen crying. I didn't see James anywhere. I guess he left like he always does. I didn't even bother to acknowledge my mother. I can't be bother with her shit right now.

I slammed the front door still pissed off. I got in my car and got to Ky's house as fast as I could. I made it to her house in less than 10. I parked my car & grabbed my things and started heading towards the backdoor of Ky's house.

Kylie's POV

I laid in my bed waiting for Kenny to walk in at any moment. I hate how his mom is with the guy James. He's clearly no good, but she's somehow still holding on. She couldn't love him that much. Or could she? When you want to love someone badly, can you look over their flaws? Forget about everything that they've done & forgive them. Soon I heard my door open interrupting my thoughts.
It was Kenny. He looked tired and worn out. His eyes bloodshot and he looks tense.

"Oh Kenny," I said running to him to hug him. He wrapped his arms around me, still feeling tense. I can hear his heart racing.

I brought his head down to my chest and whisper into his ear. "Relax," I said.

He puts his arms around my waist and we stayed that way for a while.

"Maybe you should take a hot shower, and I'll fix you some ice cream and we can talk. Sounds like a plan?" I asked waiting for his response. He finally nodded and walked towards my bathroom to shower.

I waited until I heard the shower go off to go downstairs to get him a bowl of ice cream. I put caramel and two cherries on top. I went back up stairs and he was lying in my bed with basketball shorts on and no shirt. His curly hair wet. He looked like he wanted to cry, but he probably wouldn't. He's a tough nut to crack.

"I got your ice cream buddy," I said. I got in the bed next to him and handed him the bowl. He lifted up slowly grabbing the bowl. He nodded letting me know he appreciated it.

"So what happened?" I asked nervously. I looked at him as his jaw clenched together. I slowly starting to rub his back to help him relax.

"I don't know why she's being so careless and stupid," he began. "It's like she wants him to keep abusing her and doesn't give a shit about me trying to protect her. After I came home from hanging out with Paris, I went home and when I walked in, he had her pinned to the wall and then he punched her like she was a fucking man. He was obviously drunk. That's when I ran up on him and I started beating the hell out of him, but she started hitting me and yelling at me to stop, which confused me. It was like a slapped to the face," he said.

It breaks my heart to hear that Kenny has to see his mom go through that. Tears started to well up in my eyes. He looked at me and grabbed me by my waist and pulled me closer to him. He laid me down on his chest. I started to trace my fingers on his abs.

"I think I'm going to get my own place, I might start looking for condos next week. Want to come help me?" He asked rubbing my hair. I simply nodded.

"Kenny, I'm sorry she chooses him over you. You don't deserve that. I would never do that to you," I said squeezing him tighter.

"I would never choose anyone over you either Ky," he said.

"I love you Kenny," I told him.

"I love you too Ky," he replied.

A couple of minutes later, I heard him snoring. I was glad he was able to relax and even go to sleep. I got up and locked my door and turned the lights off. I got back on top of him and kissed his forehead.

"Goodnight Kendrick," I whispered.