Chapter Seventeen

(Harry's POV)

My heart was beating so fast. I had no idea what just happened. Did I seriously almost kiss Niall? He almost kissed me too, what does this mean? Does he like guys? Is he just curious?

Maybe I'm just an experiment. What if it was a heat-of-the-moment thing? What if-

"Harry," Louis' voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked over at him and Niall beside me on the couch, both of them staring at me with worry. "You okay?"

I blinked a couple times, mentally slapping myself for zoning out. "Yeah. Sorry."

"What were you thinking so hard about?" Louis asked, my eyes drifting from his face to Niall's, who's eyebrows were creased. I just shrugged, watching as he pulled his bottom lip in between his teeth. I felt my face heat up at his actions, my hand reaching out to pull his lip back out.

"I told you not to do that," I said with a low voice. Louis' eyes widened with surprise but he quickly wiped that look off his face when I gave him a questioning look.

Niall blushed a crimson red, quickly looking down to hide his face, making me smirk. I was falling so hard.

---------------------------------------

"Harry, it's almost 2:00, we need to go," Louis said, quickly standing up from the sofa. It was almost three hours and fourteen telly programmes later.

Niall's head was rested on my shoulder as he stared at the blaring colours, but he raised it and sat up once Louis had spoken.

"Go where?" I asked, disappointed that I had to leave Niall. His blue eyes flashed with sorrow before giving me a soft smile.

"We have a r-" Louis stopped himself before he could say run. My eyes widened at him as Niall looked over in confusion. "Reservation," Louis saved.

I let out a sigh of relief, giving him a nod as Niall stood up from the couch, me following suit with my heart beating from the close call. The three of us padded through the kitchen and to the front door.

After Louis slipped on his Vans, he looked over to Niall with a smile. "Good to meet you, Ni."

"You too," Niall beamed back. Louis looked between the two of us before mumbling that he was going to wait outside for me. My heart did a little jump as he walked out and closed the front door, leaving me and Niall standing in the quiet hallway. I bounced up and down on my heels, not sure what to say. Thankfully, Niall spoke first.

"Um, sorry about before," he said shyly. I looked at him confused. "In the kitchen, I was a bit eager."

My face broke out into a smile. Niall was beat red, clearly embarrassed by our almost-kiss. "I liked it," I said reassuringly.

Niall's head shot up, his clear blue eyes holding a hint of relief and confusion. "Well, I didn't want to make the first move. I still don't even know if you're... if you, um.." he trailed off with a blush, but I knew what I was going to say.

"If I like guys?" I asked casually. Niall nodded slowly, his lip quivering slightly as if he wanted to say something but couldn't. "I don't," I said.

His face fell. He swallowed a large gulp as he bit his lip again, backing away slowly from me while muttering a bit to himself. "Um," he started, staring at his feet. "Okay. Sorry I tried to k-"

"But I like you," I quickly cut off before he could apologize for nothing.

"That makes no sense," he looked up at me, his expression holding a confused glare. "I'm a guy."

"I know you're a guy, and I'm telling you that I like you," I replied, stepping closer and reaching out to touch his hip. He jumped back a little, holding the same face.

"Wait," he said, making me sigh. "So you don't like guys, but you like me? A guy?"

"Yeah," I replied simply. I stepped forward and reached for his hips again, this time grabbing him with both hands to pull him closer before he could step away again.

I yanked him forward, my arms sliding around his slim waist as his arms trailed up to my shoulders. He smelt like mint, like a cool spearmint. I loved it. The way his head fit into the crook of my shoulder was breathtaking. He made me want to run my hands up and down his body and kiss him until I was weak in the knees.

Maybe that's exactly what I'll do.