Chapter 1

Summer was amazing. For David. He loved every second, unlike Max, who just wanted to burn that place to the ground. Max had fun, he just doesn't want to admit that he went on awesome adventures, if he told David, David would go ballistic.
The only day Max showed any sign of happiness was the last day.
But he didn't want to go back to his abusive home. Where his father would whip him, beat him with a belt, and his mother would staple his left ear whenever he misbehaved.  Max winced at the thought.

"Max! Your mom and dad are here!" David chirped happily. Max picked up his backpack and exhaled deeply. "Damn it." He whispered under his breath.
He slowly walked across the dirt and dust mixed ground to get to his moms car. "Come on, Max, we're going to lunch." Max's mom said. "Bye Max!" David sung. David trusted Max's parents. Max ignored him.  The boy got into the car. They drove off.

This is it. The end. Max's family approached a red light. The car kept going. The car jolted into the car in front of them. Shards of the windshield went into the parents bodies. It immediately killed his dad but his mom was bleeding out.
"Son of a bitch! You little asshole!" His mother choked out. She was grabbing her stomach, trying to stop the blood. Max gripped mr. Honeynuts by the ear.
Eventually the police came and Max was trying to look like a hopeless kid. "What happened honey?" The police lady asked Max. "I don't know, miss." Max tried to act like a sweetheart.
"I'm going to take you back to a camp Campbell? Does that sound familiar?" The lady asked.
Max flinched. "No!" He quickly spoke. "Please come with me, baby." She said.

They arrived back at camp Campbell. All the kids were gone and gwen and David were cleaning up, taking the tents down.
"Mr. David?" The lady was looking for David. "Yes! You can call me David!!" David said jubilantly. "This little boy. He was with you earlier?" The police said. "Yes, ma'am, what happened, he left nearly 10 minutes ago." David said concerned.
"His parents died in a car accident."
David nearly cried.

------
Max's pov
I swear to god if that happy go lucky narcissistic weirdo will adopt me, I'm going to kill myself.
"We have to put him into an orphanage." The police woman said.
-----
Max grunted. David knew he didn't have enough money to adopt Max, he was still going to try though.

So this was my first chapter! Let me know if there's anything I should change about it!! Thank you readers!