Chapter Ten-Reggie

Começar do início

"He's one of Blake's roommates," she answers, slurping up a noodle.

Seriously? I haven't been to Dude's place, so I guess it's not that surprising that I don't know his roommates. We talk about chicks, video games, and weed, typically in the library on campus. That's it, that's what our friendship is solely based upon. That's what mine and Frankie's friendship used to be based on, until he had to go and get into a committed relationship. Which is apparently not going very well with their constant bickering.

The world is so small. What are he odds of being with a guy who knows Dude? It's like everybody knows dude and yet nobody is for sure if that's even his real name.

I straighten up and watch her chow down on her food. "Hungry?"

"I drank too much on an empty stomach."

"You mean to tell me that Jake didn't feed you?" I gasp sardonically.

Olivia glares up at me, aware that I'm purposing getting Blake's name wrong. "He bought me drinks."

"Yeah, so he can grope the shit out of you while you giggle like a little school girl, oldest trick in the book, sweetheart," I retort. It comes out slightly harsher than I intend, but I'm not going to apologize for being right, especially when I just witnessed the occurrence three minutes ago.

Olivia takes a deep breath and I can tell that she doesn't want to argue with me. She lets out a yawn, causing her balance to get thrown off and I lunge in. I hold my cigarette in between my lips and clutch her sides, steadying her.

I take my cigarette out of my mouth. "Down, now, your balcony privileges have been revoked," I say, almost too sternly, but she just grins, slipping back onto the flooring.

Olivia peers up at me while I take a final drag off of my cigarette. "These cause cancer, you know," she asserts, pulling the cigarette from my lips and tossing it out into the grass. I turn my head to the side and let out the smoke so I don't release it in her face. "You can let go now."

I quickly realize that she's talking about my hands on her bare waist. I have a love-hate relationship with her recent interest in crop tops. "Are you sure you can stand up on your own?" I joke, dropping my hands.

Olivia smiles, but it's gone within a few seconds. "I'm really sorry about tonight," she blurts.

"What about?"

She shrugs. "You got take-out, it seemed like you were in a better mood earlier. I should've stayed, with everything that's happened with your mom."

The last thing I want is her pity. "No worries, I had tall, blonde diversion around lunch time," I chuckle, instantly regretting it once I see the look on her face. The classic look of disappointment, one of which I'm beyond familiar with. I shouldn't have said that. "I'll take the couch again, you can have my bed. Jessa and Tawny are in your room."

"This diversion didn't happen in your bed, did it? Because I will totally sleep in the bathtub," she deadpans.

I let out a laugh. "No, we made that rule, remember?"

She rolls her eyes. "Yes, because you're so good at following the rules," she remarks sarcastically.

She's not wrong.

*

When the weekend approaches, Jessa makes plans to sleepover at Tawny's house, I think they felt bad for taking over her room. Not that I dislike having Olivia in my bed, but it's beginning to smell like her every time I nap in it after my classes. Which doesn't help keep my thoughts from wandering back to her.