(4) "Don't tell her I said that."

"Bea, please stop!"

Dylan catches up to me in the hallway of the apartment, the door slowly swinging shut as I turn around and face him, a knot of anxiety beginning to ball in my stomach.

"Please don't marry her in June!"

He straightens up as he looks at me with a puzzled expression. I'd surprised even myself with that request but quite frankly I'd filled my quota of emotional trauma today and I don't think my fragile state can handle much more.

"Why not Bea?" He doesn't ask it in a defensive or demanding tone. He asks with genuine curiosity, totally willing to listen to whatever I have to say.

"Because!" I screech, throwing my arms up. "That's like six months away! That's too soon! I mean you only got engaged a couple of weeks ago! What's the rush?"

"Uhh," Dylan sways his head from side to side, staring at the carpet with a cocked brow. "I dunno," he shrugs, meeting my eyes. "Charlie wanted a June wedding."

"So what Charlie wants, Charlie gets?"

"It just didn't seem worth arguing about," he says softly. "Didn't really bother me."

"Well it bothers me. Why can't it happen next June? Or the June after?" I can hear the panic coming out with my shaky voice.

I'm not entirely sure why I feel so strongly about this. It definitely has to do with the fact that it is too soon, no ulterior motive or hidden agenda, it's just too soon. But another part of me seems to be intent on toying with the possibility that this runs a little deeper than my concern towards the rush and perhaps this has something to do with newly developed feelings I've been having towards the soon to be groom.

"Once you marry her, everything changes! Everything!" I lift my hand and pinch his lips between my fingers before he can object and attempt to convince me that nothing will change. "Everything will change, Dill. She'll have like a legal hold on your balls and I'll see waaaay less of you. Then you'll start having kids and I just... I don't wanna lose you yet. Not yet. It's too soon!"

"Okay," he mumbles through his still tightly sealed lips. I drop my grasp and stare at him in disbelief. "No June wedding then. I'll tell her we're postponing it."

I'm not sure how much time passes while I just stand there and stare at him with my mouth hanging wide open. It feels like quite a while before I finally switch my brain back on and begin to stutter in shock.

"You'd postpone the wedding.  . . For me?" I lift my arm, my index finger pointing straight towards myself, needing to visually display how unsure I am that I'd heard him correctly.

"Of course Bea," he takes a step forward, his warm hands resting on my shoulders. "You're the most important person in my life. I'm not gonna do something that makes you unhappy."

"Shouldn't your fiancée be the most important person in your life?" I mumble with a small smile on my lips.

"Uhhh," Dylan grits his teeth as he flicks his head from side to side, "she's second?" He grimaces with a guilty expression. "Don't tell her I said that."

Guilt begins to creep its way into my conscience Despite my best efforts to keep it down I can't help but feel like a slimy bitch for throwing a tantrum over his wedding. He'd so willingly put his own happiness aside for me. This totally selfless, incredible person puts me above his own fiancée and while I wish I could accept that and let him make me happy, I cant, because it's not fair. If he doesn't give that witch a June wedding she'll be miserable about it, which in turn, will make him miserable and I can't watch him suffer for my own selfish gain.