Chapter 3

'I'M DYING!'

'No you're not.' 

'YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST PUT ME DOWN AS A CHILD!' 

'Maybe I should have.' 

'WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?!' 

'I give up, Ashton will be over in a minute, maybe he can cheer you up.' Dad sighed, throwing his hands up in the air and leaving the room, leaving me curled up on the floor in agony.

So far my summer isn't going great. 

I have been here for barely a week and already I just want to cry and then die in a hole. Want to know why? It's because of a stupid thing called periods! Boys consider yourself lucky, you don't have to deal with the feeling of something trying to hack it's way out of your stomach every month.

You don't have to deal with your hormones all over the place so that you are switching from happy to angry, to sad all in a matter of minutes. Boys complain about girls complaining about being on their period but they should try bleeding constantly for a week.

I believe someone should just kick them in the balls constantly because I think that will match the pain girls go through.

Even after all these years, my dad is still not used to my time of the month and how I react to it. I genuinely feel sorry for him having to put up with me though because I am a nightmare. This is probably one of the reasons why I am single.

Dad also mentioned Ashton coming over and now I feel sorry for Ashton who has never seen my like this. He doesn't know what I am like and he definitely does not know what he is getting himself into by coming round.

I have only known the boy for a week and we have become extremely close. We have hung out everyday and I have met his friends who are also pretty cool. A little weird but hey, everybody has to have some kind of weirdness in them. I probably have too much. 

Still, as close of friends Ashton and I now are, I still don't believe we are at the stage of our friendship where I can freely torture him with complaints about being a girl, without feeling bad about it. 

Why is life so hard? Why do I exists? Why do girls have to suffer this whilst boys get an easy life? What is life?

See this also happens, I question everything and I give up on everything. 

It really does suck being a girl.

I couldn't move from the floor, I didn't want to move, so when the door bell rang I simple groaned and shouted out to my dad to answer it. He simply laughed at me as he walked past and went to open the door. It was only Ashton anyway.

'Come in. You must excuse the grumpiness like I told your mum, she is being a pain because it's her time of the mo...' 

'DAD!' I shouted, not wanting him to embarrass me. Ash really doesn't have to know that.

'It's okay.' I heard Ash reply. I then faintly heard my dad leaving the room and Ashton moving towards me but I was too busy dying to pay a lot of attention.

'Hey Hal, how you feeling?' He asked and I looked up from my curled position and simply pouted.

'Like I have just been thrown off a cliff several times.' I whimpered. Why hasn't the pain killers kicked in yet? They are not killing the pain!

'I'm sorry. I don't know how you feel considering I am a boy but I do know that being a girl isn't fun at times. So I looked it up and apparently ice cream and movies help, so I brought both.' He smiled, crouching down beside me. I looked him in the eye in shock. He can't be real, no boy does this. Boys are genuinely selfish pigs and I am blaming the hormones for making me say that.