Chapter TWENTY FIVE

Start from the beginning

______________________

Kat's POV

I got my dorm assignment a week before Prom, as Prom was only two weeks before I left for New York, I only had three weeks left to soak it up with Colin. Today was a dedicated day just for him.

Colin was in the kitchen when I came down on Saturday morning and he smiled brightly when I walked into the room and I felt my stomach knot as giddiness filled me. Everything About Colin was good.

"Ugh." Tommy groaned when he saw Colin making breakfast, "Do you mind telling him that he has a house of his own to live at." He whispered across the table.

"Sorry Tommy." I laughed, "You'll be rid of me in three weeks and then you can have him all to yourself."

Tommy rolled his eyes, "I don't want you to leave."

Shrugging my eyes flickered back to Colin who was getting a lesson on cooking from my mom. She laughed when he tried to do some fancy work with the eggs, let's just say it didn't end well.

"Maybe you should stick with the mixing." She offered him a spoon as she tried to get the shell out of the batter.

Colin looked up and his face was flushed as he shrugged. "I'm sorry Mrs. Anderson. Really thought I got the hang of that trick."

"It's quite alright Colin." She smiled warmly at him. This was so unlike her, usually she's cold or less than warm when she spoke to him.

I grabbed my book and started to read as I waited for whatever my mother and Colin were cooking. Hannah came in next, her hair in a high pony and a sporty outfit on as she pulled out her chair.

"What's with the outfit?" Tommy asked as he looked up from his Hockey magazine.

"Bradley and his brothers are taking me to the Training Center in Crystal." She shrugged and grabbed some toast off the table.

Tommy narrowed his eyes, "I'm coming with."

"Tommy." She groaned in annoyance. "You weren't invited."

"If you're invited, so am I." He growled, "There is no way I'm letting my sister get into a car with a bunch of guys who are taking her out of town."

My mother looked up, "He has a point Hannah. Besides I believe you have to ask permission and I know for a fact you're father didn't say yes."

Hannah glared at Tommy before stomping away. Tommy smirked as he settled back into his seat, I sighed and rose from my seat and followed after her.

I knocked on her door, "Go away!" She screamed at me, I knocked again and the door was thrown open, Hannah growling viciously in anger.

Startled I stepped back and lost my footing, causing me to fall backwards. Hannah's room was right at the top of the stairs with a narrow hallway so I wasn't that surprised as I didn't feel the carpet under me as I still fell.

"Kat!" Hannah screamed and I saw her look of fear as I slammed hard into the stairs, tumbling down them. Clenching my eyes I waited for more pain but it didn't come. Arms held me still as I laid on the stair, his scent flaring in my nose.

"Kat?" He asked quietly but the worry evident in his voice. "You okay?"

I nodded and leaned into his chest, my tailbone was throbbing but nothing was broken. I was sure of that. I'm just going to be sore for a while. I groaned as I felt my eyes fill with tears at the pain.