Part Thirteen: A Series of Random Thoughts

21/05/2012

This is just a series of things I sometimes think about making statuses or fanblasts, but then decide they're not important or entertaining enough. So instead I'm making them all into a post so nobody actually has to read them but they're still out of my system XD

1) Very occasionally, when I post a one-shot, the person who requested it doesn't vote for or comment on it. When this happens I get really mad and consider taking it down out of spite (something you need to know about me is that all of my reactions are visceral) but then I remember that lots and lots of other people like it even though they weren't the ones who requested it. 

And then I feel better.

And realise how much I love you all :)

2) I don't get the voting thing. I mean I know some percentage of readers don't have accounts and therefore can't vote (at least, I'm pretty sure you have to have an account to vote... Do you? I set up an account before I ever read anything on here so I don't know. Correct me if I'm mistaken!) but the ratio of readers to votes baffles me. I would understand if a chapter was badly written or if I did something awful to a character (a lot of people didn't like how Benny got treated in the first few chapters of Love 'N' Stuff, for example) but the reactions to my stories are mostly positive so I don't know why people don't vote. I always vote! The only time I don't vote is when I load a story on my laptop and then read it somewhere I don't have internet, because if I tried to vote the page would just refresh and tell me it couldn't connect to the internet. Wafflewafflewaffle on forever!

3) Secret time! I don't understand the popularity of The New Boy. When I started it I mostly just wanted to do a) a boy-next-door story and b) a diary-format story. I think the main reason people started reading it was because I had Mitch Hewer on the cover (oo-er) XD Anyway even though I love it and I wouldn't change anything about it (especially the ending; it's the best ending I've ever written haha) I still think it's one of my most boring stories. Typically I'm not big on stories that ONLY centre around a relationship and nothing else really happens, because it feels kind of hollow, but I guess people saw something in TNB that I hadn't intended to include. Maybe it was the Gary twist? *le shrug*

4) Okay so everyone knows I don't do fanfics, but someone special asked me to do a Teen Wolf one so I'm currently working on a one-off fanfic about that (and struggling lol). Anyway my point is that I had to watch the whole first series in preparation (what a chore that was; hot boys and an awesome storyline, le sigh, how do people bear it) and I couldn't understand why all the shipping was for Derek and Stiles. On one hand (even though I thought Scott and Alison were perfect together) it felt like Stiles had way more chemistry with Scott than with Derek (I love a good bromance) and on the other I didn't want Stiles to end up with anybody because I WANT HIM FOR MYSELF.

5) Last week my cousin (who is more like a sister) was just coming out of her bedroom and she saw a strange man on her landing wearing (no joke) a balaclava. She froze and was like "What are you doing here?!" and he threw her down a flight of stairs before robbing her and running away. I just understand people. No matter how desperate you are for money, how can one person do that to another human being? It baffles me. Luckily she was wearing her engagement ring at the time so he didn't get that, because it wasn't insured yet. Also even though it was like twenty stairs all she got was a sprained thumb. Thanks goodness.

6) I have no brain/mouth filter. If I think it I pretty much have no problem saying it. Sometimes I talk about PMS to boys without realising and they get squicked out by it (which isn't even fair given the amount of times boys refer to their testicles in everyday conversation, ie, "get some balls", 'he's got some balls", 'she's got him by the balls", etc) and once a guy was complaining about his mother (who I still maintain is a horrible woman) and I called her a bitch and he completely freaked out on me.

7) I find it really amusing that B*Witched, and Irish girl group, covered and released a song called Mickey, when "mickey" is a common Irish euphamism for "penis". What were they trying to say? What were they thinking?

8) I was recently forced to hang out with a group of people who couldn't distinguish between "goth" and "emo". 

9) I'm not big into labels but when asked I tell people I'm bisexual. Despite the fact that I count myself a member of several gay rights organisations (mostly online) I don't really feel part of "The Community" and still see myself as more of an "ally" in my head. I don't know a whole lot of LGBT people irl, and the ones I do know I'm not that close to. I'm not complaining about it or anything, I'm pretty comfortable with it tbh, it just feels slightly idiosyncratic given how strongly I feel about LGBT rights and so forth.

10) I think it's a slightly funny that people are gonna get a little bit excited when they get the email saying "MaddyRawr10 has uploaded a new story!" and then get really annoyed when they see it's just an Honest To Blog entry. I don't have writer's block or anything, I'm just suffering from severe ennui and don't have the motivation to write much. I do hope to update for real soon though :)