Chap.1 Pt. 2

I came in her bedroom, making sure to knock first. That's another thing that always got on my nerves about her. She never knocked! It's amazing how she always managed to interrupt me but she never walked in on Tommy doing that smoking that weed. And yes he did light it up at our house a few times. I swear, if he was about thirty years older, they'd be the perfact match...made in hell. Anyway I smiled and said,

" Momma, I enjoyed that sermon today. It was a bit long, though." This wasn't a total lie. In fact, it really wasn't an lie at all. More like a half truth. For the first thirty minutes that I listened, I did enjoy what was said. I just didn't enjoy the person who said it.

"Well, you can't rush God's work." was all she said, no thank-you attached.

"I figured you'd say that." I said, the whole time thinking, God's work or yours?

"Yes, well...."

"I just wanted to tell you that and came to see if you needed any help. You know. Any bags or boxes in the car, I can bring in?" I asked.

"You compliment me on my sermon and offer to help. Okay child, watcha want? And if it is about that boy, Wayde, the answer is no. Simple as that!"

"Wayne! Momma, his name is Wayne. Not Wayde!!! And no was I not gonna ask about him;you're always accusing people of things!" I was thinking and you don't know the flavor of the damn kool-aid before you dip! "Kim asked if I can come spend the night and I really want to."

"No. Number one, today is the Sabboth Day and you are to rest and keep it holy. We don't do any and everything on this day! We are to remember him; Honor him! Have you honored him today, Kim?" How dare she ask me that??? I even stopped texting to pay attention to her today!

"Mother! How can you sit there and ask that? You know I have! I was there, early this morning, in sunday school learning more about him while you were here doing only God knows what. I even sang in the choir today!" I was furious, thinking about how I ignored Wayne's texts to pay attention in service.

"But was your heart in it? If you weren't honoring him with your heart than you were simply going through the motions which, is no good. And number two, I might've reconsidered letting you go. Since you did so good in church this morning. But, since you wanna have these little outbursts and be a smart-aleic; talking about 'I'm at church while you're here doing only God knows what... I'm here, preparing to give the sermon. Focusing on the message God wants me to deliver to his people. You know that." Do I really??? I'm not so sure that I do. I'm not sure I know my mother at all and don't really care to. "I'm not gonna be disrespected in my own home. I'm grown. You're the child. I'm through with this. You're dismissed." Dissmissed??? Did she just dismiss me? Last time I checked it was my house too. And I;m practically grown; my birthday is in two months, then I'll be eightteen. And disrespected?????? If anyone should feel disrespected, it should be me. I didn't do anything but tell her the truth. And that's a commandment. I'm gonna text Cynth. and let her know the deal.

*30 minutes later*

I'm leaving. I didn't do anything. And there's no reason I should be punished for her stupidity.

"Where do you think you're going?" BUSTED was what repeated over and over in my mind, as she stood in the doorway of her bedroom. I simply kept my head down and kept walking torwards the door.

"Young lady! Young lady, do you hear me?" Young lady......Young lady??? That's the first time she's ever called me that. I like that. Maybe I should stay afterwhile. I was almost there but she zipped to that door so fast, I stopped. And I started thinking, maybe the treadmill's working again. "I said what I meant and MEANT exactly what I said. I;m giving you a chance to step out of sin's way. Now go back to your room." I just stood there. Brave and bold, yet scared. Two feet away from the she-witch, herself,

"Honey, if my mother, your grandmother was here right now, she wouldn't be doing all this talking. You'd be feeling sinner's punishment right now. Now go back to your room!" she said.

"No ma'am." I said quietly.

*Pastor Mary's P.O.V.*

No she...Did she jus..... I know she didn't really jus.......Did this child of mine say no?

"Lord Jesus, help me!"

SMACK!

Look at her, just standing there. Oh, she touching her face. That's only making it worse. Lemme go get some acohol for tha-

*Kim's P.O.V.*

Ouch!

Did she just slap me? Omg! Oww, note to self: don't touch your face when you just got slapped.

SMACK! Right back. You don't slap Kim Baley and get away with it. Look at her just standing there looking stupid. She-

SSSSMMMAAACCKKK! (stumbled a few steps back) Don't fall, Kim. Ughh. She slapped me again? She almost knocked me down. What is she doing? Why can't I see? My eyes...their stinging more than my face.....I'm crying??? Now what is she doing? I take this oppertunity to run out the door. I'm in car now. She's coming out the door behind me but I'm already pulling out the drive and on my way......I'm still crying??? I don't know why. My face still hurts but that's not it. I'm so mad right now! I turned up my radio and Nickelback's If Everybody Cared was playing; I started singing along. I felt kinda sad too. I shouldn't have hit her....But she shouldn't have hit me!

"SHIT!" (BLOWS HORN) BEEEEEEEEP! SWERVES. SLAMS ON BREAKS!