Chapter 5

I slept for a couple hours more, but I woke up an hour before we land. I was super excited to see the landscaping of California from the plane!

I still can't believe Corrin and I made our dreams become a reality. I mean, just yesterday we were fifth graders talking about how we hoped all of this would happen, and now it is.

I'm slightly nervous just because I've never even been here before so I'm not sure what to expect. I know the stereotypical things about Cali but I don't actually know if all of that is true.

Corrin and I decided (we talked it through with our parents), that we are going to wait to go to college until next year so that we don't have to pay the out of state fee. It was actually really tough convincing them to let us do it. They were worried that once we were here, we wouldn't end up going to to college because they wouldn't be here to make sure we did.

I wonder if we'll meet any cute Californian guys! I mean that's not all that matters to me about moving here but come on, I'm a girl and girls wonder that stuff.

Thinking about guys made my mind wonder off to Shawn. Is it bad that I'm kind of disappointed that we didn't meet again? He just kind of intrigued me I guess. I know I said he seemed like a self-centered jerk, but now that I think about it, he did apologize and stop after I told them to. Ugh, I'm being wayyy too naive.

__________________

The rest of the plane ride went by pretty quickly. The view of California from the sky is absolutely incredible! The ocean and all of the Palm trees makes me so excited considering Michigan is the exact opposite.

We quickly gather our things and head for the baggage claim. "Oh my gosh Caitlyn, this is so amazing!" Corrin gushes, looking around the airport. "I know! It doesn't even feel real, it just feels like a dream!" I agree. "Yeah, but I just can't wait to get an apartment, then LIVE IT UP!" she exclaims making me laugh. "Youre too much Corrin," I joke. "But you love me anyways!" she chirps.

We finally find our luggage after about 20 minutes. This airport is so crowded, but I need to get used to that because I've heard that California traffic is the worst!

Once we get our bags, we go to the parking garage. We got a rental car before the flight, so that we don't have to take taxis and all that when we got here.

"So where's the hotel that we're staying at?" Corrin asks. "Umm, Holiday Inn. It's around the L.A. area so we should get there in like 30 minutes." I tell her. "Ok, well I'm going to sleep. I'm exhausted from the plane ride," She says, resting her head on the car window. "Ok, I'll wake you up when we get there," I respond.

After she falls asleep, I turn on the radio, keeping it quiet though. I try to figure out the station's and finally settle on one that was playing Bastille.

For the rest of the drive, I just lightly hum to the radio and think about our new (and may I say, awesome) life in California.

****** Hey! Sorry that these last few chapters have been boring filler chapters. I promise that more interesting things will happen though! Also, in this story im going to make it where Magcon isn't a thing and that they are just popular viners. So they don't go on tours and stuff in this story :) Don't forget to vote, comment and add this story to your library! Thank you to everyone who's supporting me!*******