JA Part 8

Part 8:

It's been 10 days Arnav admitted in hospital. One morning his senses woke up with a touch on his skin. He can feel the difference in this touch. 'It's not Khushi.' But he heard her

"Please sister, do carefully. Dr. Alex said we have to take good care of this patient for some reasons. He won't allow any negligence here. Do your work with utmost care. I will be observing you. I don't want any discomfort to patient. Do you get that?"

He can hear her commanding on that particular sister. 'So, she is still avoiding touching me'

The sister, who is cleaning Arnav's wounds, nodded her head and continued her work. She never saw Khushi this serious before. So, she thought this patient is some important person. And she brushed her thoughts before leaving the room.

"Whenever I needed you I will call you. Don't go far" ordered Khushi. Nodding her head sister went from there. Khushi came to Arnav and sat beside his bed

"How are you Arnav Ji...?"

'What's wrong with you Khushi? Why are you behaving like this' he wanted to ask. But his body didn't allow him. He tried to fist his hand slowly letting her know about his response. In these 10 days a lot of improvement in him. He showed little movements of his body. But still he can't do all the things he wanted to do. Khushi looked at his face then his hand.

"Don't Arnav Ji... it will hurt you. Please... relax... you will be fine. Relax..."

"What's happening Khushi?" she heard Dr. Alex voice. Immediately her heart beat raced up. She immediately stood up and turned back to answer him

"Nothing sir... I'm just talking with this patient. I just saw some changes in his hand movement. So I'm trying to make him respond to my talks. I just want to confirm whether he can do or not."

"Oh... Really? That's really good news. Let me check" Dr. Alex rushed to Arnav and held his hand. But he didn't find any change in Arnav's hand. He looked at Arnav's face. Dr. Alex opened Arnav's eyes and checked. He also checked the BP, heart beat and pulse ratings which Khushi noted before. There is a constant stability in numbers. He looked at Khushi

"Good sign... I think this person must be a strong willed man. Seeing this progress, I think it won't take long time for him to come to conscious. I think your talks are working Khushi. Good going... keep it up" saying this Dr. Alex left the room.

"I wish the same doctor" she whispered.

Arnav can easily catch the sadness in her tone. He couldn't understand what's bothering her.

"I know what you are thinking Arnav Ji... I'm fine... I'm happy that you will be fine and will leave to your family in coming days" said Khushi after Dr. Alex went from there. Still her tone is sad.

"Every time, I wanted this, your happiness with your loved ones. I never wanted you to stay alone or stay away with your family. I'm sorry for making you stay here far from your family. I and NK Bhai only thought of your safety that time, nothing else. I didn't have any other intentions by keeping you here. I just wanted..." she couldn't continue as her heart filled with sorrow.

Arnav can hear her low sobs. He felt a tug in his heart. He wanted to console her. He couldn't understand what's bothering her. And what she is talking about. Suddenly door got opened and NK came inside. Khushi rushed towards him and hugged him tightly.

"Doll... what's wrong? Why are you crying? Arnav... is Arnav Ji fine? Oh god... what's wrong? Tell me... you are scaring me" panicked NK

"Bhai..."