TWELVE

Jacob and Seth were teaching some young Quileutes how to control themselves in the situation that they would turn into wolves. 

"Now, you guys can do some serious damage. Which is why you'll need to control your phasing. If your mom pisses you off, you don't want to tear her head off." Jacob looks hard and long at the row of boys, while Seth just chuckles, leaning against a tree. 

Suddenly, Jacob stops himself in the middle of a sentence, as he hears something in the woods.

"Whoever's coming wasn't invited." Seth uncrosses his arms, hardening his brow in concentration, as he tries to pick out a scent. Jacob and Seth turns into a wolf on instinct, and runs into the forest with the other young wolves who phase and follow the two older ones.

"Seth!" Seth's furry head immediately jerks to the side at the familiar voice, but instead of the usual feeling of excitement, all he felt was worry. As he stopped, the group halted with him too.

Megan arrived with her vampire-speed, from behind the group. This caused some of the wolves to rear back at the sudden unfamiliar appearance, most of them hadn't met the girl. Megan immediately tried to pacify them by murmuring things.

The rest, go ahead. I'll handle this. Seth motioned his head to where the stinking trail of vamp-scent led to, and Jacob nodded, howling at the rest of the young wolves.

"Where are they all going, Sethie?" 

Megan, what did I tell you about patrols? Seth's sandy-furred wolf huffed, as if sighing in exasperation. What if you get into trouble, and I'm not there? There are more unfamiliar vamps arriving here these past few days, and they're not all like the Cullens and your dad.

Seth's wolf looked at the girl before him. For the past few weeks, Megan had been staying at the Cullens', and she sure had been growing fast. Now, instead of looking like a thirteen-year-old, she looked fifteen. She was almost as tall as her wolf-boy now.

The girl was looking down at the grass, fiddling with her thumbs, "Sorry."

Seth felt bad, seeing that he had made her down, unlike her usual bright personality.

Get on my back, he huffed a warm breath in her face. And that was all it took, for her face to immediately light up. The two laughed and howled on the ride, all the way to Sam's and Emily's.

...

Jacob and his wolves had caught up with the newcomers, who turned out to be two extra-pale vampires. They turned out to be really pesky and annoying, getting even more on the younger wolves' anger, who jumped up and down trying to get some vamp-chow, as the vampires were currently in a tree. Now, as the wolves' get impatient, they sit on some rocks mocking them.

They stay like that, biting back and forth, until Carlisle and another vampire called Peter finds them.

When all arrived back at the Cullens' residence, minus the new wolves, Carlisle motioned for the two strange vampires to sit down across him, but they declined quickly, preffering to be on their toes and ready-to-be-on-the-move mode.

"Vladimir, Stefan, you're a long way from home." Carlisle begins.

"What are they doing here?" Kate whispered, seeming a little agitated by their prescence. 

Garrett, who was beside her, shrugged, "These two always bring bad news."  

"We heard the Volturi were moving against you," Vladmir replies, stalking around the living room, inspecting the different furniture, "but that you would not stand alone." At the last part, he turned around and quirked an eyebrow at Carlisle, as if intrigued. The two Romanian vampires were observing each and every vampire that crossed their sight, studying them as if they were interesting toys. Carlisle didn't like that. He pursed his lips, squeezing Esme's hand tighter.